Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the DFG continue to plant fish? Or even allow it?

Although the circuimstances may be different than those involving the MLPA this falls in line with the well planned and well funded movement currently being led by anti-fishing environmental extremists (HATERS).

Their strategy is to try to make it as difficult as possible to stock fish in the state. This may drive some of the private pay lakes out of business. If the costs involved are too high people will no longer be able to cover the increased costs especially in this down economy. If public waters are no longer stocked many anglers will be discouraged to fish.

I believe there is something in the California State Constitution that says no waters stocked with fish by the state for the purpose of recreational take shall be closed to the public. So if public waters are no longer stocked by the DFG (or anyone else) then perhaps it would be easier for these people to rally behind closures of public waters for any reason such as environmental impact.

Oh the fisheries of these lakes can not sustain the current angling pressure we must close it down! Or perhaps they may come with the excuse that there is a rare form of plant or animal life in this area it must be closed to fishing to help protect a species that is mostl likely invassive and never even existed in the area to begin with. Hopefully our next governer won't sell us out like the Governator did by handing over our public land, waters, and rights to corporate oil companies and enviro extremists. We need someone who will put an end to all this nonsense .

JerryG
    Last edited by jerryG; 12-12-2009 at 02:47 AM.

I wonder what kind of west nile outbreak may ensue if fish are no longer stocked, and the insect population goes ballistic. Nobody's gonna care about stupid frogs then.
    I think this state is headed for disaster, and this red tape mess with fishing is only a small slice of what's coming.

This is how it works in the nursery business. Constant inspections, and the people that they hire to do the inspections need to write citations to justify their jobs. Not a good sign for us fisherman...

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    California is seriously pissing me off right now.
    I feel the same way. Im trying to convince my wife to leave.

This is such a waste of time, money and resources....people have no jobs, are homeless, starving and freezing to death in the streets, health care taken away, secondary education costs out of sight and the state wants to regulate fish and fishing areas.. I am a lady, but give me a f*in break!! Where are the priorities in this state, save a frog but not the population?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by olfishergal View Post
    This is such a waste of time, money and resources....people have no jobs, are homeless, starving and freezing to death in the streets, health care taken away, secondary education costs out of sight and the state wants to regulate fish and fishing areas.. I am a lady, but give me a f*in break!! Where are the priorities in this state, save a frog but not the population?!!!
    The priorities with in this state are currently being determined by small special interest groups who keep the Governator and his appointed decison makers in their back pockets. Little by little we are loosing our freedoms and rights to public lands and water.

JerryG

Quote Originally Posted by driven2fish View Post
    there are always so many different sides to any story.

it's no really clear to me...that there is really ANY REAL right or wrong in this situation.

i don't see anything wrong with regulation or inspections, considering there may not be ANY INSPECTION in some of these counties were fish farming takes place.

business folk, will always oppose regulation / inspections, because it means that they make less money, either due to fines for not "keeping up", or money spent to insure that they are "up to code". so i can understand their gripe.

i myself, do enjoy fishing private stocked lakes, as well as dfg stocked spots. but you must admit that some of the fish that come out of those places, just don't look very healthy. huge "so-called prized" toads, with ZERO fin / tail. huge amino fed hogs, raised in pens.

look at all the different meat recalls. there is definetly something kinda wrong with MASS PRODUCED INDUSTRY fish/beef/chicken etc. i read a story that referenced all of the lead that is in the USA watershed systems, and how some crazy number like 90% of all fish have extremely high levels of toxins.

kinda gross. BUT I STILL LOVE TO FISH. CAN EMPATHIZE WITH THE FISH FARMERS. AND HOPE THAT THE NEW REGS, ONLY ENHANCE OUR QUALITY OF FISH AND NOT DETRACT OR RUIN THE LIMETED RECREATION SOURCES WE STILL HAVE.

thank you for reading. i'm not trying to change any opinions, just voicing a thought i had after reading the original post.

out like trout!!!!
    shut up you liberal...get the state and gov. out of our business

People need to stop voting democrat OR republican!

They are two sides of the same evil coin, and care nothing for us.

Govern- To control

Menta- of reference to the mind.

Government= Mind control.

We were warned constantly by several people who perfectly predicted everything happening today. Ron paul told everyone what was happening 20 years ago. Thomas Jefferson warned us about the very same thing. This Man is the best candidate we've got in america. Too bad he's too honest and doesnt go on aggressive low-blow campaigns!

But here's where the mind control comes in.. Schools across the country are all lying to children, starting race rivalry, and ruining children from the get-go!

So after about 15 years of this crap, kids are all malleable lumps of clay, to mold into mindless shock-troops that do whatever TV tells them to do.

Little girls are dressing up like sluts because of that winx club garbage, people think Obama is going to service their gas at the pump, and everyone loves fox.

the combination of TV and Compulsory schooling is a one-two combo that turns all our lives into complete crap.

Now everyone is ready to fight some ridiculous war because chris tucker and angelina jolie said it was helping little brown children somewhere in nowhereistan.

Default wtf

this is probably the stupidest thing the cali gov. has done.1st the HSUS is trying to get rid of hunting and fishing permenantly. now this is going on. i leave for Afghanistan in 2 months and fishings what evens out the stress and will when i get back. not to mention in the future i want my kids to become experienced anglers and outdoor fanatics. and this is gonna kill that dream.

if theres a organization that cares out there,i will support them 110%.

*cough Revolution cough*

Yeah like.. We just kill everyone, and take america back?

Why isnt everyo---- Oh yeah. Sheep, thats right. As long as they have that automatic back-scratcher, they are happily led to slaughter...

Ohhh america, RIP. Joos got to you.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast