Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Castaic Lagoon 12/6 - New PB!

Default Castaic Lagoon 12/6 - New PB!

I took my float tube out today for the first time and let me tell you, IT WAS AWESOME! So much better than shore fishing! In the morning, I started exploring some new areas that I couldn't reach from shore, but didn't catch any fish at these new areas. I was tubing the East side after that for a while and then saw Butch and talked to him for a while. He told me a good spot and gave me a couple lures that I used before to catch a BUNCH of fish. I went to the spot he told me and started fishing. I hooked into a fish about 5 minutes after being there and it was a nice 3 or 4 lb fish. I was happy to catch my first float tube bass and wanted another bass! I hooked into a MONSTER (at least for me, lol) after that and I was fighting it for a long time. It was pulling me around in my tube! My reel buckled under the pressure or something and I was SURE that I was going to lose the fish because of it, but it was still on! I was still fighting and it started to pull my rod almost all the way into the water. It was fighting so much, but I was still able to land it! Once I got it in my tube, I saw how big it was! I instantly knew that it was the biggest bass I had ever caught!! It weighed in at over 7 lb! All in all, it was an awesome day with my new tube!

The pictures I got were not very good. I had to take them from my tube all alone, lol. It was a lot harder to take the pictures that I thought it was going to be!

First float tube bass!

New personal best, 7+ lb bass!!

I tried taking a picture of me AND the bass, but it didn't work too well.
    Last edited by Fire Ball; 12-11-2009 at 03:55 PM.

That is an awesome post, congrats on the new pb bass and enjoy your tube!

TD

CONGRATS F.B....thats a very nice bass, wonder what the sore on its side is ? could be a bird strike ? nice way to break in the tube !! your fish keep getting better and kudos to butch for helping you out again and putting you on the spot !

Quote Originally Posted by kaneo View Post
    CONGRATS F.B....thats a very nice bass, wonder what the sore on its side is ? could be a bird strike ? nice way to break in the tube !! your fish keep getting better and kudos to butch for helping you out again and putting you on the spot !
    I was wondering what that sore was too when I caught it. It might have been from a bird, maybe another fish?

It looks like you're going to fall into the water in that last pic!

The grin on your face says it all. Congrats on the PB 6lber! She was sitting right on the bottom. Slow drag a Huddleston ROF5 (ask Butch to show you how to rig it) from your float tube and you'll get a DD bass soon.

One of these days I'll pick up a float tube. It looks like a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    It looks like you're going to fall into the water in that last pic!

The grin on your face says it all. Congrats on the PB 6lber! She was sitting right on the bottom. Slow drag a Huddleston ROF5 (ask Butch to show you how to rig it) from your float tube and you'll get a DD bass soon.

One of these days I'll pick up a float tube. It looks like a lot of fun.
    I was just leaning really far back to try and fit everything in the picture, but it didn't work, lol. It is a lot of fun. Butch gave me a 8" ROF-5 swimbait today, but I don't have the gear to use it yet. Thanks Butch!

Right on! Thats a great bass! Congrats on the personal best!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneo View Post
    Actually, I believe it is from laying on a rock or something.

Nice fish! I need to get a float tube and fish with you :D. Those are way bigger than the fish we've been getting on shore!

Quote Originally Posted by Robo Bass View Post
    Nice fish! I need to get a float tube and fish with you :D. Those are way bigger than the fish we've been getting on shore!
    I know. The average fish I have been getting lately has been way bigger than what I was catching before. When are you going to get a float tube??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast