Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Castaic Lagoon 11/29 - Fishing with Butch!

LOL some things will never change

Quote Originally Posted by SDDave View Post
    Don't know who Marty Wall is, but this is cut from the Castaic Lake home page under rules and Regs... 2 bass 18" both lakes.... but who cares...

Fishing
    All California Fish and Game regulations are strictly enforced.
    All fishermen MUST have a valid fishing license if 16 years or older (additional rods require stamps).
    Fishing from docks, launch ramps is NOT allowed.
    Fishing from the dam is permitted, within the designated areas.
    Fishing in coves "Closed for spawning" is prohibited.
    Cleaning of fish on the water or shoreline is strictly prohibited.
    Live bait can only be used if caught in the same day and location.
    Trolling in the Main Reservoir ski area is NOT permitted.
    Please follow all Limit and Size Requirements Species Limit Size
    Bass (Largemouth) 2 18 inch+
    Bass (Striped) 10 None
    Bluegill None None
    Bullhead 10 None
    Channel Catfish 10 None
    Crappie 25 None
    Rainbow Trout 5 None
    i was thinking the same thing too but they have it posted in two spots both with different details.

Bass (Striped) 10 None
    Black Bass (LAGOON ONLY) 5 12 inch +
    Bluegill None None
    Bullhead 10 None
    Channel Catfish 10 None
    Crappie 25 None
    Rainbow Trout 5 None

this is posted under the fishing section of castaiclake.com the one you posted is under the rules and regs section someone needs to notify FOCL of this on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff4321 View Post
    man FNN is full of haters now-a-days.. hence why i dont post anymore.
    now a days hahahahahaha come on dude this site is always full of haters. Bass Nazis are a common thing on fnn. This is the reason i stopped posting on this site as much as i used to.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyMaster View Post
    LOL some things will never change
    and that's the truth!!!!

To fireball. Congrats on a great day on the water. And congrats on getting the chance to fish with Butch. That was very cool of him to do. You not saying anything about what you used and where you fished makes me think this should of been posted on the photo section more so then a report. Many people have offered up there advice to you on how to catch fish at the lake (including myself). It would be the least you could do on saying what lure you were using. I know butch hates these websites and I'm sure he was the one that told you not to say what you were using. I can understand not giving up a spot on a lake but keeping everything to yourself does not constitute as a fishing report IMHO.

I know it was not your idea to put the fish on the stringer. But hopefully you can understand that most bass fisherman are very much about keeping the bass as safe as possible and that means releasing the fish as soon as possible back to the water as to not cause any extra stress to the fish. But now you know not to post pics like that on FNN or any other fishing website lol.

The people that jumped down your throat about this post are childish. Most younger fisherman don't know about all the (inside fisherman) rules. Just as long as you follow the rules of the DFG your are good in my book. (even tho i never keep LMB) But when i was your age i never knew anything about C & R i kept everything i caught within the DFG limits. You at least know that C & R is an important rule of thumb to help with the bass populations.

So keep on doing what you're doing and hopefully i will run into you at the lake. The more time you put into that lake the better chance you will have at catching a DD LMB it just takes time on the water and bit of luck. I caught my 19+ pounder on a drop shot 5 1/2" hologram shad in the middle of winter. But for now just enjoy beating your PB allot.

TO ALL YOU BASS NAZIS:

Lay off people on here. As long as people are following the rules set forth by the DFG then they are doing nothing wrong. So for you to bash them for following the rules is just plain stupid. Also remeber when you first got into fishing or when you were younger. How would you feel getting bashed on by people who are into the same hobbie as you for doing nothing wrong. You can inform people of why you think C&R is important but do not force feed it to them and hate on them just because they don't follow the rules you set forth for yourself.

now go out and catch some fish and stop all the hating!

fly boy & geo in the same thread...AWESOME!!!!

cutbait Guest

Lots of jealousy and envy in this thread.

I suggest you fillet those dudes up for your next report. Be sure to add lots of LMB guts and blood for the haters.

All they are is green carp anyhow!

Good job Fireball. I love the look you two have going on here.

Way to go Butch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lopez View Post
    i was thinking the same thing too but they have it posted in two spots both with different details.

Bass (Striped) 10 None
    Black Bass (LAGOON ONLY) 5 12 inch +
    Bluegill None None
    Bullhead 10 None
    Channel Catfish 10 None
    Crappie 25 None
    Rainbow Trout 5 None

this is posted under the fishing section of castaiclake.com the one you posted is under the rules and regs section someone needs to notify FOCL of this on the website.

now a days hahahahahaha come on dude this site is always full of haters. Bass Nazis are a common thing on fnn. This is the reason i stopped posting on this site as much as i used to.

and that's the truth!!!!

To fireball. Congrats on a great day on the water. And congrats on getting the chance to fish with Butch. That was very cool of him to do. You not saying anything about what you used and where you fished makes me think this should of been posted on the photo section more so then a report. Many people have offered up there advice to you on how to catch fish at the lake (including myself). It would be the least you could do on saying what lure you were using. I know butch hates these websites and I'm sure he was the one that told you not to say what you were using. I can understand not giving up a spot on a lake but keeping everything to yourself does not constitute as a fishing report IMHO.

I know it was not your idea to put the fish on the stringer. But hopefully you can understand that most bass fisherman are very much about keeping the bass as safe as possible and that means releasing the fish as soon as possible back to the water as to not cause any extra stress to the fish. But now you know not to post pics like that on FNN or any other fishing website lol.

The people that jumped down your throat about this post are childish. Most younger fisherman don't know about all the (inside fisherman) rules. Just as long as you follow the rules of the DFG your are good in my book. (even tho i never keep LMB) But when i was your age i never knew anything about C & R i kept everything i caught within the DFG limits. You at least know that C & R is an important rule of thumb to help with the bass populations.

So keep on doing what you're doing and hopefully i will run into you at the lake. The more time you put into that lake the better chance you will have at catching a DD LMB it just takes time on the water and bit of luck. I caught my 19+ pounder on a drop shot 5 1/2" hologram shad in the middle of winter. But for now just enjoy beating your PB allot.

TO ALL YOU BASS NAZIS:

Lay off people on here. As long as people are following the rules set forth by the DFG then they are doing nothing wrong. So for you to bash them for following the rules is just plain stupid. Also remeber when you first got into fishing or when you were younger. How would you feel getting bashed on by people who are into the same hobbie as you for doing nothing wrong. You can inform people of why you think C&R is important but do not force feed it to them and hate on them just because they don't follow the rules you set forth for yourself.

now go out and catch some fish and stop all the hating!
    I assure you the regulations are 5 bass 12" each, if you are confused. They updated the site, but I guess they forgot update one of the pages.

Butch told me not to tell anyone about the lure, so I listened to him, but I still think this a report. It is not just pictures, it is a story and a little bit of info too.

I have definitely noticed an increase in bass quality and quantity since I started fishing the lagoon once to twice a week. Now that I have a float tube, I can hit more spots. If you check my most recent report, you can see my 7+ lb bass (personal best) that a caught from my float tube. Butch has really been helping me out and I wouldn't have been able to catch as many fish without his help! Thanks!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213