Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: looking for a trout jig rod

well i got a deal on a phenix that i couldnt say no to so i got a phenix 862. so far im impressed at the quality and sensitivity. going to get my new reel this week to. im going to pair it with a stradic 1000 mgfb. i will write up a full review after i get the reel and hang some fish. watch for a report/review sunday or monday.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    well i got a deal on a phenix that i couldnt say no to so i got a phenix 862. so far im impressed at the quality and sensitivity. going to get my new reel this week to. im going to pair it with a stradic 1000 mgfb. i will write up a full review after i get the reel and hang some fish. watch for a report/review sunday or monday.
    thats a SAWEEEET setup. good luck with it.

thanx man. i even got a mini bendo today on a city stocker to pop the cherry on the new rod.

wait till you catch an 8lb at corona. or even better.... a DD!!!!!!

talk about bendo. haha

yeah i caught a 12lber at LNL in jan or feb. i hooked 5 fish over 10lbs that day and only landed the 1. my damn hook kept coming out!! and i use owners! haha. btw i cought that fish on a $15 zebco trout seeker rod hahaha! maybe thats why the phenix guys were giving me such a hard time?!

dang hooked 5 in one day!!! man i need to go to lnl with you. haha.

ive figured that if you can fish a mini jig than the rod doesnt really matter. but man those phenixs have aweome action and are 10x easier to fish trout plastics with.

yeah they are eaiser. i didnt get those fish on mini jigs though. i got them on a clear pink lipripperz with sparkles splitshot and whacky rigged.

ya i fish lip ripperz pretty much exclusivly. i love em. so do the trout too ;] haha.

if you ever wanna buddy to hit up lnl with for some dd's let me know.

i need a buddy to hit up anywhere. im thinking of sarl or corona this week prob friday. i was going to go to irvine this weekend but with the tourney its going to be to many ppl.

i fish corona a ton! or as much as i can. haha. i try and go once a week. im still in high school so weekends and breaks are when i go.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345