Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: looking for a trout jig rod

Quote Originally Posted by That Dang Guy View Post
    Vanilla, I'm met two 'individials' (I use this term loosely) that claim they are prostaff for phenix. I don't care for them either. The rods look nice and fun, but those two completely turned me off to that company. Totally arrogant and talks down to everyone. They weren't interested in promoting their company's products, but rather to sell rods at a discount for themselves. I'm not sure if that's phenix normal policy or not.

Although you're looking for a factory rod, check out the MHX series at mudhole has a great blank for minijigs. Feels perfect for 1/32 and can do 1/64 with a very light or no wind. s841. Too bad you just missed their black friday 35% off sale sale =/
    I would like to know more info on the individuals you met that claim they are on the "PRO-STAFF" for Phenix. I know the owners of the company and I am sure if the guys you talk about are on their pro-staff thay would like to know. Phenix is a great local company that makes quality rods.....knida of pricey yes, but the quality is great!

i know of a few that claim to be on team phenix. granted i only see them use phenix rods but there assho!es. snaggin fish with jigs then takin pictures with them. this was last year btw at LNL. there was 3 guys there. 1 guy was cool with me, he was a big white guy they called "tiny" and then there was 2 older guys that had a stick up there *** the whole time.

I can Guaranty that those guys ARE not part of the pro-staff....back to looking for a trout rod....take a look at the spinmatic line. About $35 bucks just match it up with a reel and you in business!!!

i personally have thought the phenix guys i met were cool. idk how many there are but the ones i consistanly see at corona are cool. good fisherman too.

and phenix rods are awesome for fishing plastics for trout. gloomis makes a good rod too but the 7'6" phenix elixer is perfect.

i have a spinmatic and im not a big fan of it. . .

good luck on your search

Hey VG , the guides on the Tactix cut your 2lb? I used mine once and it felt like there was alot of friction@ the guides on mine also those fools that say they are team phenix are straight up idiots

nah BackReel999 my 2lb CUT INTO THE GUIDES! i have grooves in the metal on the guides from the line. even my 2 other rods with aluminum oxide guides are messed up from only 1 season. well.... i did catch a 12lber and hooked 4 more over 10lbs but my hook kept pulling out.

well posers or not they sure went thru alot of effort to have team phenix jackets and t-shirts. i still out fished them with a $15 zebco trout seeker rod lol.

what u guys think about a kencor noodle 90? i got a guy that wants to trade for my clarus but i gota drive 40 miles to trade. anybody have any experiance with them? ever since they went outa buisness i cant get any reviews.

It sucks about your encounter but I hope you do give Phenix a try. The elixir rod is truly a jiggin machine... You wont be dissappointed...

I just picked up a swimbait rod from them today and the guys I spoke to were both really cool too.
    Last edited by Liteliner; 12-01-2009 at 01:26 AM.

i personally hate kencors. i know some people love them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast