Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: looking for a trout jig rod

Default looking for a trout jig rod

and want to know what you guys use for mini jigging and worming. just looking for ideas as far as off the shelf rods go. i dont support pheonix so thats outa the question, plus id like to spend under 100 bucks.

Daiwa Spinmatic. Best value trout rod IMO. $40

thanx kev. wish i had the funds for those costa del mars a week ago lol. if you ever go trout fishing let me know. ive been tearing it up at laguna after the stocking but my trout rods had those cheap aluminum guides and after last season there all groved up.

Default Mini Jig Rods

I use a lot of 7 1/2 and 8 foots that are fly blanks and wrap them into spinning rods for mini jigs and power worms. If your not looking to spend a lot of $ bass pro has a 7 1/2 foot 2 pc 2-6 pound rod nice for mini jigs without breaking the bank. Retail is $39.99. I'm starting to see alot of guys using them.

For the money you cant beat a spinmatic but if you supported Phenix id go with the 7'6 elixir series. Best trout jigging rod ive spent my money on and they look awesome.

berkley tactix cost around $40

yeah ive had 2 tactix rods and even with 2lb i cut the guides lol. and liteliner ive fished with the phenix pro team and there dick heads. they tried to punk me outa my spot and i told them they would be swimming if they tried any harder. plus the metal reel seat will freeze ur hands if you go up the mountian lol.

ive got some crappie rod from bass pro. i love em i have a 10ft and 12ft sams super sensitive. also have a 9 ft wally marshall they work great for the price.

Vanilla, I'm met two 'individials' (I use this term loosely) that claim they are prostaff for phenix. I don't care for them either. The rods look nice and fun, but those two completely turned me off to that company. Totally arrogant and talks down to everyone. They weren't interested in promoting their company's products, but rather to sell rods at a discount for themselves. I'm not sure if that's phenix normal policy or not.

Although you're looking for a factory rod, check out the MHX series at mudhole has a great blank for minijigs. Feels perfect for 1/32 and can do 1/64 with a very light or no wind. s841. Too bad you just missed their black friday 35% off sale sale =/

yeah id hate to mess up a good blank trying to wrap it my self. i tend to get excited and rush things. i wish i could afford to have one made but i cant right now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast