Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shimano Stella FD vs Daiwa Steez

If I were to choose a reel I'd save some cash and get the new Shimano Stradic CI4.... It is super light and you'll also be able to get the Carrot Stix.... Dang Guy, I have 2 Carrots 7'2" and 7'3"..... I've had the 7'3" for a while and I love it. Warranty is awesome and it is super light. I think duckett was talking about the Gold Carrot..... I have broken 5 Shimano Crucials and technically not 1 Carrot in the same time (One was stepped on in the butt area by accident).... Stradic CI4 + Carrot Stix(and/or tons of lures and baits)= 1 Stella....lol.... Good Luck on your descision!

I have fished both and I like them both. They both have magnesium frames and sideplates, the Stella in the 1000 size edges the Steez in weight at 6.4oz vs 6.9 but don't be fooled by that either as the Steez is an all around bigger reel and if you compared reels of the same size (Stella 2500) the 2500 is 8.4oz. As far as casting goes the Steez casts better because of the bigger diameter spool but it also holds more line which in turn adds more weight. When hooked up to a fish I like the way the Stella's drag attacks a little bit better not by much but I do prefer the Stella. Gear ratio and line retrieve is also very similar with the Stella coming in at 5.0 on the gear ratio and 25 inches on the retrieve where the Steez edges it out on the retrieve with a 27.9 inch retrieve and a little slower retrieve rate at 4.8. Really it all depends on you and what feels better in your hands. I have a Steez and I like to pull it out when everyone else has there Stella's so I can be different My go to reel though for what I need is the Stella. I know this didn't help at all but hey you can't go wrong either way really

Oh yeah here's another one to really throw a wrench in your works.

http://img.inkfrog.com/click_enlarge...&aid=863951101

If you really want to be the cool kid on the block and are really looking for the performance of the Stella and Steez this is on that level every single bit and maybe even just a nose ahead. Not only that but nobody else fishes with these, only the coolest kids....peer pressure...peer pressure

I ended up getting shimano stella and paired it up with my carrot stick. I can cast this set up all day long with no issues. Thanks for all the feedback on the forum. I'm really glad I went with the stella.

Default Stella won my first choice

I do own both stella 2500fd & the steez 2508. Ive had my stella for over a year now without a single complaint. I just picked up my steez last week and have already used it with no complaints. I do believe that I will get a longer life out of my stella & I think shimano makes probably the best reel .either way you go you will be very happy. Both reels are magnezium and have a protected coating on them to protect them from salt water check that out for yourself and both can be rinsed under fresh water. THE steez is very light & exceptionatly smooth like reeling air & the drag is incredible as is the stella. By the feel of them both i think I will get way more life out of the stella. My advice to you my friend is get the stella first and wait for the next green light then pick up a steez. Two incredible reels with two totally different feels. I think I will keep them both and if not, the steez goes back to be replaced with a stella 1000. Go get one and enjoy perfection. Peace bro and good luck on the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamneggs View Post
    I've got the green light to buy my new Christmas gift this year. I've been dying to get my hands on a shimano stella for quite some time. But I've also been eyeing the Daiwa Steez (spinning). I mostly fish for stripers at Castaic / Pyramid and love to hit the surf for some hali action.

I don't know if anyone has experience using both of these reels but I'd sure appreciate any insight. If you had to pick between the Steez and the Stella.... which one would you choose????????

which carrot do you have set up? I have a 7'3" LTX MH F paired with a Daiwa Sol 2500..... And a 7'2" LTX M XF with a Shimano Sahara 3000..... I love the warranties on these rods though! And keep ur reciept.... it'll make it easier to switch in case anything happens,,,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12