Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brooktrout Lane and Cut-Throat Blvd

Default Brooktrout Lane and Cut-Throat Blvd

5 friends on a mission...

Thursday night stuck in traffic for 3 hours trying to get to the house to finish packing to get the hell out of here and off to freshwater paradise. Ryan passed by BassPro for a brotha and picked me up a great little float tube that breaks down for long hikes better then my FishCat4. Shortly after he pulled up in the driveway and we packed my crap in the back of his Seqouia and off we went, destination far far away.

We arrived at Virginia Creek Settlement about 2AM, unpacked the vehicle and hit the sack for 2.5 hours of sleep. I got a knock on my door and it was time to get up and head for the hills. After stopping at the gas station for some grub we headed on up to Brook Trout Lane and Cut-Throat Blvd. Ryan, Kevin and myself pumped up tubes, threw on our waders and headed out into the water. I threw on a jig and started to troll to the spot but I didn't get any action. Jigging was in order and I starting fan casting to see what was going to happen. After about 20 casts I was hooked up to a nice Brookie...Popped out the jig and let the fish go on about it's business.
    Looking down into the water I could see fish swimming around beneath my tube, so I continued to cast and again another nice Brook Trout!Action was good and me and the fellas continued the assault. I hooked a couple more Brookies and then I hooked a monster that I immediately knew was a Cut-Throat and a big one. The fight lasted about 5-6 minutes and I finally got a hold of this one.This guy went 5lbs 4oz and unfortunately this was the only picture we got because he was still rather hot and jumped out of my hands and back into the water. This picture does not due the size of this fish justice at all.

The fish kept on biting and we kept on casting. Bam!!!! Check this one out speaks for itself----->!!!!This Brookie went 5lbs 7oz!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah it was a good day. We enjoyed a few more hook-ups and releases and then the bite shut completely down, time to split in search of biting fish.

The next location looked good with all the signs of life present but the bite was non-existant. I tried color after color and checked to make sure that my jigs were swimming right and finally I got hooked up to this one------>2.5lb rainbow. Released and back to work. I'm not going to lie the fishing sucked and we were just getting ready to split and BAM!!!HOOK-UP!!!!Guess what it was, can you say GRAND SLAM?!!!! Yeah I hooked myself a Brown, and not just any Brown but a bruiser.This guy went 4lbs 4oz. I got the "Trout Grand Slam" and my smallest fish was 2.5, yeah I was stoked! Time to go celebrate at the bar and get the fellas to pay up on the days Jackpot bet. The bar was great and hit the spot. We headed back to the barn for a few more beers and the other fellas to arrive. Mondo and Ryan (yeah there are 2 Ryans) Showed up around 2AM but I was already knocked out. 6AM came calling and I was not feeling like getting up with the hangover that was plaquing me. Once again we headed to the gas station for the mornings eats and back on the road to kill some more fish. Let me just take the time to say that WOW!!! I could not believe the weather for this time of year! It was sunny outside with no wind and it had to be about 50-60 degrees. Unbelievable really. Todays fishing started with high expectations after the previous days bounty along with 2 more friends (one that is a proven killa time after time and now on the homepage in that picture with the Brookie) making our group 5 strong. Fishing was tough and Imanaged only 2 Brookies, Kevin got 2 Brookies and Everyone else got the big Skunk-o:? We could see them swimming but they wanted nothing to do with our offerings and it was time to get the hell outta there to take advantage of our time in the Sierra's. After we got some lunch we hit the next spot and yeah the fishing continued to be tough. Again I only hooked 2 fish, a Bow and a Brownhere's an action photoPerch Minnows were flying out of the water and Ryan was throwing a color that was similar to them when he got hooked up!This poor guy was hooked threw the tongue and the beak but was released unharmed and it looks worse then it is in the picture:P Ryan kept plugging away and right before sundown ended up with this-----> Yeah he was feeling a bit better after that Brown attacked his jig and ran him all over the place. Time to head back to the barn for some more chit talking and drinks. Kevin got some wood together and started a fire in the pit next to our cabin and the drinking commenced.
    Everyone thought that the thing to do would be to head back down towards the road home and fish PVR. Again as with almost everywhere else the water was reEally super low. Everyone jumped into their tubes and off we went. PVR produced the normal "PVR Specials" and we all got our share of fish to end the trip on a good note. Good Times for sure and Ijust want to say this is a good group of guys that does not hesitate to hoof it wherever the fish may be biting. Mad props fellas.:tu: Until next year...

Awesome pics,great report!!

really good report. makes me wanna drive up there. those brookies look awesome.

Great pics!

WTG on the grand slam!

Nice Going on the trout. Thanks for posting up .

awesome report, those are some big old cuts and brookies !!! way to go out there...nice brown too....love that area !! thanks for the pics !!!

Agent:
    Awesome trophy size fish!
    Can you share some info about the float tube purchased from Bass Pro? Which brand is it and how did it work out compared to the Fishcat4?
    Thanks
    Last edited by teejay; 12-01-2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: typo

Great job! Awsome Fish..
    Was that Kirman ?

Quote Originally Posted by teejay View Post
    Agent:
    Awesome trophy size fish!
    Can you share some info about the float tube purchased from Bass Pro? Which brand is it and how did it work out compared to the Fishcat4?
    Thanks
    It's called the Togiak Pontoon and it is just about as good as the FishCat4 and half the weight, very hiker friendly tube. I have already sold my fishcat tube because this beauty does the trick. Pretty good price too at $159.00.

Thanks for all the responses everyone!

Every tube anglers dream is in this post....thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast