Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Smitty's Book Release 11/24 & FNN Discount!

Default Fantastic! Lived Up to the Hype!

My book arrived right away, and I read it that night.

The book was fantastic!

I can't wait until I can try these spots out.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubble View Post
    My wife got me one for X-Mas.......,I just paid for it.....

I can't wait to get it....
    Hey Smitty......,got mine today.....read it cover to cover before the wifey wrapped it.....
    Great Book...!!!
    Only problem is you FORGOT TO SIGN IT!!!

Thanks for a great read & some new places for me & the bro's to try every year.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rubble View Post
    Hey Smitty......,got mine today.....read it cover to cover before the wifey wrapped it.....
    Great Book...!!!
    Only problem is you FORGOT TO SIGN IT!!!

Thanks for a great read & some new places for me & the bro's to try every year.....
    Dude - are you serious? I thought I'd signed them all....I'm a dork!!! hahaha!!!

If you plan on being at the Del Mar or Long Beach FH show - bring it and I'll sign it there. Sorry about that man.

I'm stoked that you and the rest of the folks have enjoyed the book thus far.....

peace,
    smitty

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra_Smitty View Post
    Dude - are you serious? I thought I'd signed them all....I'm a dork!!! hahaha!!!

If you plan on being at the Del Mar or Long Beach FH show - bring it and I'll sign it there. Sorry about that man.

I'm stoked that you and the rest of the folks have enjoyed the book thus far.....

peace,
    smitty
    Got my signed copy. Looked at a couple fotos, Will start to read it this week. My copy was signed I was surprised to find the enclosed glamour fotos. What the heck was that???

got mine today. Thanks for kind words in your preface and thanks for using my review on your back cover. I hope my name on the back cover does not HURT your sales LOL.
    Great book Smitty--waiting for Volume ll in a few years.
    shawn

Any Retail listings yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    Any Retail listings yet ?
    I have it at Fisherman's Access in Brea and The Longfin in Orange. Pat's Bait & Tackle in Vista just picked it up also but it won't be to their store until early next week. The Bishop Chamber of Commerce and Spellbinder Books in Bishop will also have it.

I don't have any hookups in the LA area but if anyone has a local shop they'd like to see carry it, ask your local tackle retailer about it and have them call me if they're interested as I do sell them wholesale.

I will likely get with a distributor in the spring - but not until a few more reviews come out about it.

Thanks guys & gals!
    Smitty

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra_Smitty View Post
    I have it at Fisherman's Access in Brea and The Longfin in Orange. Pat's Bait & Tackle in Vista just picked it up also but it won't be to their store until early next week. The Bishop Chamber of Commerce and Spellbinder Books in Bishop will also have it.

I don't have any hookups in the LA area but if anyone has a local shop they'd like to see carry it, ask your local tackle retailer about it and have them call me if they're interested as I do sell them wholesale.

I will likely get with a distributor in the spring - but not until a few more reviews come out about it.

Thanks guys & gals!
    Smitty

C'mon Jared........ where's MY plug! J/K! LOL!

It's also available on the TEAM 57 website:
    http://www.team57fishing.com/store.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman57 View Post
    C'mon Jared........ where's MY plug! J/K! LOL!

It's also available on the TEAM 57 website:
    http://www.team57fishing.com/store.html
    Ha! Thought I wasn't supposed to ruin the surprise? lol!

Got my signed copy last week and promptly read it. Thanks Smitty! I really like how it read. I really liked the detail about exactly where/what to fish at each lake. I am exited to try some of these lakes out, as I have been to seven of the lakes outlined in this book and everything Smitty says about them holds true to what I have found as well.

There was one thing I read that didn't seem right though. The book shows the Grass lake hike at 300' elevation gain. It also shows McCleod at 300' elevation gain. My Tom Harrison maps show the Grass lake trail having 610' elevation gain from the trailhead to the Lamarck lakes turn off. Harrison also shows McCleod at around 300' elevation gain. Grass is at least twice the hike that McCloud is from my experiences. I would be interested to learn how you came to the 300' figure.

For anyone reading this that has not ordered this book yet, DO IT! You will not be disappointed!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast