Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MLPA PENDING CLOSURE MAPS - Download

This whole MLPA fiasco proves one thing--our DFG is powerless to defend our rights as fishermen and hunters. They are just a political tool of Sacramento--Arnie's Army, you might say. And we know that our beloved guv rolls with the radical enviros, the PETA pukes, and other so-called "green" high rollers. The MLPA is just the beginning of The Bambi Revolution, where enviros invoke flawed science to impose further closures and eventually ban all hunting and fishing. Forget the DFG, they'll just stand aside and let it all happen. I think all outdoorspeople--hunters and fishermen--need to start a counter-revolution, based on sound conservation practices, "real" science, and the right of all people to enjoy hunting and fishing. From what I understand, recreational fishermen were pretty much ignored all throughout the MLPA hearings. And why not? It's clear to me that the "fix" was already in, the right palms had been greased, and the outcome was never in doubt. And unless somebody steps up to the plate for us, California will have a new moniker: "The No State," as in no hunting & no fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakie View Post
    id like to see the limit of fish reduced to half, and the size of said fish being 'legal' raised. I know that sounds really drastic to some people, but that would positively influence the ocean in such a big way.

Whooaa Rakie ---- You Been Drinking ? Sounds like you don't eat fish. Vegan ?
    !st, You can't make a statement like that without SCIENCE.
    2nd Proper fish management, limits, seasons HAVE BEEN PROVED to work for replenishing fish stocks.
    3rd IMPROPER WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT can be devastating to areas. Like too many seals eating 40 lbs of fish a day each.
    4) Inshore gill net ban helped alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakie View Post
    Hell, id even rather see them make all fishing mandatory C&R in the ocean, because once they start closing off areas... I just see a landslide of 'red zones' on that map that are gonna show up.
    This is a 1999 law and now we now will have No Fishing Zones. We have to deal with it, fish around them.
    There won't be more more Red Zones coming next year. It is not that bad (unless you live in Laguna or La Jolla) could have been worse.

DR
    Last edited by DockRat; 01-28-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: x

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234