Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MLPA PENDING CLOSURE MAPS - Download

Exclamation MLPA PENDING CLOSURE MAPS - Download

Note:

None of these maps are final until they have been approved by the DFG...... but keep in mind, these maps are no longer subject to public debate and or influence.........

Here's a link if you'd like to download and print these maps.....

http://resources.ca.gov/mlpa_scrsg/I...ALL_091117.pdf

Also, each conservation area (blue areas on the map) has it's own individual restrictions. Some allow hook and line fishing while others only allow spear fishing restricted to white sea bass and bonito.
    Click on the link below for more details.....

http://resources.ca.gov/mlpa_scrsg/Integrated%20Preferred%20Alternative/SC_BRTF_Motion_091118.pdf

I'll add more info to this thread as it becomes available..........

Thanks for posting these Dana. I know you went straight to the source to get these after a back and forth of emails.

Thanks Dana!

Here's a link to a document at the DFG sent in by the RSG, that describes in good detail, the rationale for workgroup 2's site specific preferences for smca's, smr's, etc...

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/pdfs/scrsg_r3_prop2_supp.pdf

This is the 3rd and final map from our favorite RSG's

I can only hope that with the DFG's comments on how un-enforceable maps 1 and 3 are, that the DFG will opt for map 2.

EDIT: Keep in mind that all of the maps will be submitted to the California Fish and Game Commission, not just this Integrated Preferred Alternative(IPA). This map is just that... "an alternative" to the other three.
    That is my understanding of it, from what I've read elsewhere.
    Last edited by klocked; 11-29-2009 at 12:43 PM. Reason: missed 1 of my points

Thanks for the post. Laguna sure got hammered. I feel those guys pain.
    The PBers in Dana and Newport are totally bummed. La Jolla, Dune too. Boycott Laguna since the City Council
    voted for it. It sucks to lose Pt Vicente to Long Pt. Those killer Boiler Rocks and Pinnicles gone, xlnt scallop spot too, gone.

What about the Urchin Divers ? Can they go to Pt Vicente anymore ?
    This one guy I saw off loading a few weeks ago on Terminal Island and he had 300 lbs for a mournings work.
    Big ones too 5" to 8". If they can't harvest then there goes the kelp.

LESS HABITAT DUE TO THE MLPA ?

Urchins eat the Hold Root.
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/cole5x/kelp.jpg>

Since the MPA starts at the High Tide Line if a kid in Laguna digs up some Sand Crabs and puts them in his bucket then
    That Kid Is In Violation and his parent could be ticketed. Same goes for Sea Shells, Rocks. It's not just fish people.

Looks like Pt Conception lower part goes to The Ranch, Coho Pt ?
    That area is awesome. I worked up there on a dive boat for a week in the 80's and we anchored at Coho
    and dove Conception every day a hour before sunrise with the Mini Sub.
    It would be blown out by 8:30 am so we would go back to Coho.

Check out http://keeprockypointopen.com/

How about these girls ?

They could be Killing Sand Crabs doing this kind of activity in a Marine Protected Area MPA below the high tide line.

The taking or killing of any Marine species in a MPA will be a violation under the new law.

To Report a Poacher or Polluter
    If you witness a poaching or polluting incident or any fish and wildlife violation, or have information about such a violation, immediately dial the toll free CalTIP number

(or any fish and wildlife violation) like killing Sand crabs in a MPA

1 888 DFG-CALTIP (888 334-2258), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

For PV info.
    DR

Default mlpa

D.f.g. Don't fish

yeahup. I knew it. I'm ticked. Let's give them hippies hell,,,lol,,, Legalize Pot,but Outlaw fishing??? WTH??? Damn it. Those people have too much $$$ to care about jobs lost and have some extremely biased beliefs and are brainwashed by some individuals who are extremely ignorant to their beliefs. They rather "save" some damn sand crabs and croaker than protect the humans losing their jobs and lifestyle. Who are they to decide what the hell we do? I decide what I want to do (stuff that's lawful and reasonable). We as Americans are losing our constitutional rights to have recreational fun because of some unnescessary organizations like Coastkeeper, Packard Foundation(HP computers), Heal the Bay....etc. Instead of spending millions of dollars to this act, why not fund schools? My teachers have to pay for their own materials! Those people should invest their money on Schools, Shelters, Police(etc), and lastly cleaning up pollution in our ocean. There is nothing to be done on pollution, they don't care; They hate seeing anything in or on OUR(American!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Ocean!! This isn't a communist country, but sure looks to be getting there! "*'ll go fish in an MPA by **self and let's see what they'll do to ** as a xminorx"..... "I am not liable to any actions stated above". I'm an American Citizen, With love to MY Country, And nobody owns the ocean, not DFG, they are suppose to stop poaching, illegal activities, well now fishing is "illegal" too in said areas. We'll Geo Rdy disapproves with a special finger and grin in face. Thanks for posting the maps 57, I wrote 12% of my thoughts and kept it clean.

Nice Rant !

But we got blindsided in 1999 when this law was passed.
    So Much BS from the blue shirt yes on 3 crowd. Misinformed A holes.
    DR

am i the only person on this website who feels it may be a good thing that there are more protected areas of coastline? I mean, why is everyone on this website so adimantly against the conservation of our planet? "Oh no, i can't fish my favorite spot anymore!" Boo friggin hoo, its the god **** ocean, its HUGE! Why is it so difficult for any of you to just suck it up, move on, and find new places to fish. With all that horrible stuff that we do to our planet, I'm glad some people are taking steps to help reduce our impact on at least some areas of our coast

and fyi, if you didnt look, probably about 90% of that map is still fishable...there's bound to be plenty of fish to catch in those areas...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast