This whole MLPA fiasco proves one thing--our DFG is powerless to defend our rights as fishermen and hunters. They are just a political tool of Sacramento--Arnie's Army, you might say. And we know that our beloved guv rolls with the radical enviros, the PETA pukes, and other so-called "green" high rollers. The MLPA is just the beginning of The Bambi Revolution, where enviros invoke flawed science to impose further closures and eventually ban all hunting and fishing. Forget the DFG, they'll just stand aside and let it all happen. I think all outdoorspeople--hunters and fishermen--need to start a counter-revolution, based on sound conservation practices, "real" science, and the right of all people to enjoy hunting and fishing. From what I understand, recreational fishermen were pretty much ignored all throughout the MLPA hearings. And why not? It's clear to me that the "fix" was already in, the right palms had been greased, and the outcome was never in doubt. And unless somebody steps up to the plate for us, California will have a new moniker: "The No State," as in no hunting & no fishing.