Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk about knarly

Default Talk about knarly

Cabin fever is startin to set in, and decided I'd take a drive down Cabrillo Blvd. to check out the damage. Wish I'd grabbed my camera when I went out the door, because there is at least a dozen sailboats, and a couple powerboats on east beach aground, just getting pounded by the surf. the water was chocolate colored, and at least half the existing beach wasn't there anymore. Palm frons were everywhere, and the rain still has one more day to go. Should have some good pics on the news tonight. Mike

Man. that's insane. If I lived closer I'd check it out in person

Wow that is CRAZY... I remember when I was a kid we had the el niņo storm in the 90s the waves crashed over the rocks and on the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    Cabin fever is startin to set in, and decided I'd take a drive down Cabrillo Blvd. to check out the damage. Wish I'd grabbed my camera when I went out the door, because there is at least a dozen sailboats, and a couple powerboats on east beach aground, just getting pounded by the surf. the water was chocolate colored, and at least half the existing beach wasn't there anymore. Palm frons were everywhere, and the rain still has one more day to go. Should have some good pics on the news tonight. Mike
    You know, it's gonna rain all next week too ~

Shouldn't be as severe as this though.

I returned with my camera this morning. The city takes matters into their own hands, crushes the boats, haul them away to the dump, and charge the owners for the trouble. There were only seven left when I got there, and I took these

This is by cabrillo blvd, where they usually play volleyball. Look how high the tide came up

I wanted to look for lobster traps on the beach at low tide this morning. Even so, the water was bumping the cliffs at that time, so no adventure quest for me. Enjoy the shots. Mikey

Default santa barbara

thnx for going back down and snapping these shots.....

hope cachuma fills up this year,

cm

WoW that is unbelievable, thanks for sharing those pics.

sucks for all those boat owners......

Great pics Mikey.....Arthur and I were just talking about your neighborhood and we were wondering how the whole area got impacted. I've seen one sailboat washed up last year but your pics are dramatic for sure. Our whole coastline has been restructured this time. Can't wait for spring....Recon is going to be awesome.
    Thanks for the effort and pics!
    Last edited by bones; 01-24-2010 at 01:55 PM.

That's just nuts!
    My wife and I headed down to Oceanside this weekend and saw a few dead pelicans, but that's about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast