Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide trip sat striper genocide at lake skinner

It's funny how you people try to explain the same crap. First off I don't need any guide service to teach me how to snag fish with a huge over size u-rig. It's not that hard and doesn't take a genius to catch stripers that way. I rather spend my money on stuff more productive like taking the kids to disneyland. And plus "salt addiction" told me it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by sreykmao562 View Post
    It's funny how you people try to explain the same crap. First off I don't need any guide service to teach me how to snag fish with a huge over size u-rig. It's not that hard and doesn't take a genius to catch stripers that way. I rather spend my money on stuff more productive like taking the kids to disneyland. And plus "salt addiction" told me it's not worth it.
    Sounds good to me, please continue taking your kids to Disneyland....

We need less of you closeted pro-MLPA types on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post

We need less of you closeted pro-MLPA types on the water.
    Why you getting all anal man? Not everyone has the money to hire a guide to learn how to fish like you. I asked simple question and every decide to come at me like they're a professor at Harvard or something.

Why you getting all anal man? Not everyone has the money to hire a guide to learn how to fish like you. I asked simple question and every decide to come at me like they're a professor at Harvard or something.
    Ok. I'll give you the benefit of doubt, so please excuse my relative harshness. It's just that it gets old when people show up on FNN (with zero reports) and criticize other people's fishing methods.

Hold on there speedy, how much trolling with a U rig U done ? ever...I can tell you 1st hand with COUNTLESS hours of experience that it isn't as simple as you deem it.

From your statement above I can see you are not a well rounded fisherman utilizing many different methods to obtain fish ...when an otherwise "fruitless" day is apparent, a U rig can change a skunk into total sucess.

One would not be wise to overlook that method, I use it myself, though I don't use it religiously it has proven to be one of the single most productive methods I've experienced and when I say experience...I'm laking about OVER 35 years of experience !

Plus,I'll note that I've watched countless inexperienced trollers drag the lake without a single strike....it's not as easy as you seem to think, I encourage you to go and try it and post up your results.

Kinda have a negative vibe when someone as opinionated as you keeps up the post when I have a problem actually finding any reports from you here online.

AND if I come off like I seem to know all...thats not the case, I could NEVER obtain all the knowledge and I'm not trying to profess to be any college professor, what I say comes from YEARS of experience in which I paid attention, leared new tricks, learned new methods and expanded my fishing knowledge, therefore expanding my catch to fishing hour ratio...
    Umbrella rig trolling is one of those methods I've come in to throught this experience I speak of.

Don't belittle the Umbrella rig, thats just wrong.
    Yes, people may be overreacting just a little and thats all relative to time and time again someone waxing intelectual on something they know relatively nothing about, it's obvious this is the case here.
    It's best to let it end and move on that way the pot cools down, I'll suggest get out there and fish, catch some fish....post up a report, people will react much better to that.

I promise you you'll be received in a much more receptive tone.

And plus "salt addiction" told me it's not worth it.
    P.S. How many "fish" reports has Salt addiction ever done ?

Great job Bob, keep thinning them out! Only release the Flatties that happens to chase the bucktail jigs.

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary View Post
    p.s. How many "fish" reports has salt addiction ever done ?
    gary,you are the last one id ask about u-rig fishing.or fishing period!!!

J/k hey you going to give the derby a try again this next year? Kris is not going to be able to fish this year (her sister is giving birth or something!?kris priorities are all f'd up!! :-) dont tell her i said this...please) anyways,might need apartner for it if you are game? I know it is a long ways off,but since i killed my deer,i have only this to look forward to! I'll try to b better about keeping in touch.been busy as hell!

Take care,jeff

Okay. I get it now!! Everyone On here is trying to tell me that it's okay to keep a boat load of stripers and it's wrong to keep a "LeGAL" bass. Im not here to critize anyone and you can keep all the striper you want. I was just wondering what one person can do with all those fish. I got the answer along with some bashing from those who woreshiip "troutonly"
    Last edited by sreykmao562; 11-23-2009 at 03:37 PM.

cutbait Guest

Sure is a lot of hostility in the past 24 hrs?

Am I missing something or is there a big group of semi-new guys bashing?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast