Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide trip sat striper genocide at lake skinner

Hey Bob,

Thanks again for taking a couple of newbs out and showing us the tricks of the trade.

Like Rich said, I've got the fever and had to hit Bass Pro yesterday for some supplies.

Anybody on this board who wants to get on a crapload of fish, you need to hit Bob up! This guys got it dialed in........

_Bullets

Quote Originally Posted by sreykmao562 View Post
    Dude is it neccessary to keep all those fish? You should practice some and release. Save some for our kids in the future.
    In SoCal the name of the game is "Selective C&R".

Some species get put back, some species get to stay on board....

Please don't release any striper, especially dinks like those. Skinner is already starting to stunt out.

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    WE DID RELEASE ABOUT TWENTY FISH WE TOOK ONLY ARE LIMITS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o
    I doont see the need to keep so many unless you own a fish market. There is no way you can eat all that.

Dude, do your homework before posting stupid things. Striper are not a fish we have to worry about dying out anytime soon. They breed like crazy and eat a lot. They make the waters tougher for other species. There is a reason why the limit on them is ten while other fish are five or less. Don't worry about how many fish Bob and the others keep. They'll still be there long after everyone is done fishing.

I doont see the need to keep so many unless you own a fish market. There is no way you can eat all that.
    LOL if you know what strippers can do to a lake with not to much fishing pressure they out # most of the fish in there and they eat everything not leaving enough food for the other fish esp LMB. It is good to KILL em to make sure they don't get to heavy in #s that's why they have a big limit to make sure they don't go unchecked. All that fish will be eaten esp if Sansue is around lol fish soup for a week kids.lol

Thanks for the pics and report Boys nice job on the limits.

Bigred

Obviously you have never caught and filleted a striper.

Believe it or not, there's not a whole lot of meat on the fish that size, as compared, to other edible fish.

My suggestion to you would be to take a gander at the info around the board, see what the biologists and experienced fishermen on this board have to say about them, and above all, go out and learn how to fish for them yourself, PRIOR to spouting uneducated, inexperienced statements.

Book a trip with Trout Only. Learn something, and catch a bunch of fish in the process.

Huge props Bob, way ta slay them suckas down.......

Let those suckas know who's in town : )

congrats on all the catches to Sansou and Bullets, looks like one helluva day to remember.

Congrats to all of you,
    Gary

Dude is it neccessary to keep all those fish? You should practice some Catch and release. Save some for our kids in the future.
    look before ya leap.....you won't like da backlash
    I dont see the need to keep so many unless you own a fish market. There is no way you can eat all that.
    Many people enjoy eating stripers, don't think one cannot eat a limit...I single handedly can eat a limit in a week w/o question....could it be that you have not experienced a limit thus never having eaten a limit thus not understanding what is the real deal...I'm sparing you the fact driven post here cause I'm tired out from the DVL thread debating this whole ideology...

I'll still spare you again and simply say:
    "Have a nice day"
    Good luck on your next outing
    Take a little time and study up on fish's metabolism's, behavior, spawning and feeding habits....then come on back and let's talk...

Hating on someone for taking a legal limit or worst yet someonewho is a guide and a successful one to boot will bring all of what is coming and it just brings a bad vibe to the post and redirects it from the good nature that should be derived from a report...

shame on you....thats about the best I can say..

Dude is it neccessary to keep all those fish? You should practice some Catch and release. Save some for our kids in the future.
    Man, I appreciate that you care about the fisheries and want to maintain them for future generations.

The thing is, that in the case of the striper here in these deep SoCal lakes, they will easily overpopulate the lake.

Taking a large numbers of striper, especially small ones, is good for these fisheries, not harmful.

DFG was right to set the striper limit high in the Southern District. They just didn't set it high enough.
    Last edited by fishinone; 11-23-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Default Fish Market

You mean you haven't been to or heard of Uncle B's Fishmarket? He will even fry your fish for you after you order....He'll serve ya up with nice limits of STFU.....

Kill all Striper, they must die!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast