Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photos of your Float Tube etc

Quote Originally Posted by ATFISHING View Post
    FB, the most expensive thing was the tripod I used for parts which cost around $12 at Walmart, the rest of the stuff under $25.
    The lake in the picture is Lake Barrett in SD.

AT
    I might build something for my tube, but the hard thing is designing it. I was interested in the lake since it looks really nice, but then I read that you have to make reservations and that it is $80 plus $20 to fish. Thanks though.

Yeah It would be great if somebody with a little extra time could post a blueprint/steps to building such a contraption (pole/tool holder). And I noticed most have a u shaped tube, I got my round tube at yardsale after months of searching. Is there a dif method for the holder on a round tube? Any specific info would be greatly apprecited.

I have the ODC 420 and like it alot..
    The only added feature is a 3rd grip, converted to fit around the tube for a second rod & pliers.
    http://www.3rdgrip.com/

Works great for me, easy and cheap.

All that other stuff just slows me down, I dont have the patients to set it up when I get to the water.
    I wanna fish NOW!!!!!!!

I use the 3rd grip and a fly rod holder and that's it for my ODC420.

Looks like we have similar ideas Nessie, I already take too much tackle with me, 3 rods should be enough! Oh and that plier holder on the 3rd grip works great for a temporary rod holder for your 3rd rod during setup.

My float tube set up is not that fancy but it works for me you can check it out on my web site www.bassinthehood.com look under the tab float tube cove.

Just got my tube this friday, went out to NPH on saturday, had a blast, got home and built a quick rod holder, then went out agaon to Alamitos Bay the next day. Worked out great, no problems, very stable. Next is a Fish Finder. ;)

My float tube with a rod holder that was made to be attached to a live well....
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/alb...chmentid=24564

Fish Finder close up
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/alb...chmentid=24565

man i need to fix me up a rod holder,im extremely jealous ,yup......lol

I made a 4 rod holder from PVC, made my own anchor. Gatorade bottle filled with cement with a hook at the top to tie my rope around it.

Here are a few photos of my rod holders which I made for a cheap float tube. I haven't used it much as I just got a pontoon and just took it out for a spin at lake Perris. I painted it which I may later regret but it is adjustable, so I can put on different attachments at will.

These are my rod holders to hold the rods straight up in the air

These pictures have attachments that hold the rods at a 45 degree angle. On the left I can hold a fishing net and on the right I can hold a boga grip or something of similar size. The two smaller pipes in the middle are for hook removers and what not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast