Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of your Float Tube etc

Default Photos of your Float Tube etc

Can you guys post up some photos of your guys float tubes. I need to fix up my new Fish Cat 4 and wanna see some ideas for Anchors,Trollingmotors,Coolers,rod holders etc.

Kinda new to the Float tube thing and I am looking forward to seeing what you guys have done to your tubes.

thanks

Here's a pic of my FC4 with PVC rod holders, seat saddle bag, RAM mount and a Lowrance X96 fish finder.

I have since upgraded the fish finder to a Lowrance X510c.

Quote Originally Posted by Socal Bassman View Post
    Here's a pic of my FC4 with PVC rod holders, seat saddle bag, RAM mount and a Lowrance X96 fish finder.

I have since upgraded the fish finder to a Lowrance X510c.
    now that is what you call a set up!i would'nt even want to post a pic of mine up after seeing that.lol

All I have for mine is... Nothing! I don't have anything for my tube yet, since I haven't taken it out yet. I might add some rod holders and that is it.

how do u get those pvc pipes etc to stay

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    how do u get those pvc pipes etc to stay
    Hopefully this could answer your question. If not, just feel free to ask.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=23557

Default Pic of my Cat4 with two rod holders-fish detector fits in cut-out cup holder

Well I wouldn't do an anchor or a motor of any kind. I have a small cooler I put in the back of my Prowler and I have fabricated a rod holder and fish finder mount as well for my float tube if you look at the pics it on the left side and its blue. I redesigned the one I have now to be more compact and I did a complete wire tuck so I can keep it simple. Ill post the pics one day. I use 1 to 2 rod holders depending on what Im going for. Ive been float tubing for 12 years and youll find that you'll change your set up over and over and even go through a couple of tubes. Ive had the Navigator to Trout Unlimited tubes but I love the prowler I have it set up perfect for me. Get a good set of dive fins and youll never need an anchor the bad thing about anchor is that you can kick towards your catch and the chance of the fish swimming around the anchor line is about 100%. A floating fish basket and a good silicone new is a must. Make sure you wash your tube with some soap and water after every use to keep it clean and free of critters.

I just made my rod holders... I used 1 1/4" size PVC for the rods... One question for So Cal Bassman. On the slits on the bottom part of the rod holders, why disnt you put a slit on rod holder one and rod holder three instead of rod holder one and rod holder two? and what kind of straps did u get for the top and where do they connect????

Go to REI and you can get clips and straps for about 6 bucks. Here are some pics from the fish finder I just made Ive sold 6 already this one is mine I use to have more rod holders but they just get in the way.

Rod Holder

Battery Pack
    Clip

Old Rod Holder

Ill spray it in a booth some time this weekend.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast