Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Hoop Dive report Outside of LB

Default Hoop Dive report Outside of LB

Duy and Bassoff picked up a couple divers and I up at my boat slip at 5pm. By the time we loaded up and headed out it was about 7pm. Duy only had 5 nets on the boat since we had planned on diving but none the less he dropped 5 in the hopes of some bugs and some crab. Let them soak for a hell of a long time as it was cold and no one was really excited to get in the water. First set, first net had 8 crab, second net at 1 short bug, third net had 3 legals and a crab, 4th and 5th were empty. Did another set and same results. First net had some crab, second net had more crab, third net had 3 more legals while 4th and 5th were again empty. We moved nets 4th and 5th over to set between 2 and 3 and didn't do much better for the third set. So in we went, water was cold at first til I turned on the water heater and it was warm again. HAHAHA!

Long story short,

Hoopers - 9
    Divers - 21

The Usual:
    - Water Temp was 67
    - Tide was outgoing
    - Water was flat almost no movement at all
    - Viz was an easy 40 feet
    - Depth was less than 20 feet.
    - Home at Midnight, hooping still sucks but diving sucks worse when it is cold.

Look my hair is still dry but man it sure is white!

Duy looks like an oompa loompa.

Done bugging for now and taking a break, will be doing some fishing in the next couple weeks.

Let me also add that we got the bugs with a moon out...

Great job on the pics and report. Got some much needed info from Duy aka Oompa Loompa lol that will help my hooping, it needs it. That Mangina looks pretty beat up in the last pic...lol

good hoopin and diving.

good job guys and nice looking boat.

I'll trade some of these:

for some bugs.....

WTG fellas....

Quote Originally Posted by fish4keep View Post
    I'll trade some of these:

for some bugs.....

WTG fellas....
    HAHAHA Jackass.

You guys SCORE!

KPN.

Quote Originally Posted by ahhvtec View Post
    Duy and Bassoff picked up a couple divers and I up at my boat slip at 5pm. By the time we loaded up and headed out it was about 7pm. Duy only had 5 nets on the boat since we had planned on diving but none the less he dropped 5 in the hopes of some bugs and some crab. Let them soak for a hell of a long time as it was cold and no one was really excited to get in the water. First set, first net had 8 crab, second net at 1 short bug, third net had 3 legals and a crab, 4th and 5th were empty. Did another set and same results. First net had some crab, second net had more crab, third net had 3 more legals while 4th and 5th were again empty. We moved nets 4th and 5th over to set between 2 and 3 and didn't do much better for the third set. So in we went, water was cold at first til I turned on the water heater and it was warm again. HAHAHA!

Long story short,

Hoopers - 9

Divers - 21

The Usual:
    - Water Temp was 67
    - Tide was outgoing
    - Water was flat almost no movement at all
    - Viz was an easy 40 feet
    - Depth was less than 20 feet.
    - Home at Midnight, hooping still sucks but diving sucks worse when it is cold.

Look my hair is still dry but man it sure is white!

Duy looks like an oompa loompa.

Done bugging for now and taking a break, will be doing some fishing in the next couple weeks.

Let me also add that we got the bugs with a moon out...
    EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW crack bait! Stinky!

Nice

I love the lobsters yummy