Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Water Around Spark Plugs

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman from long beach View Post
    throttle cables are'nt supposed to be to tight ,as to were you engage forward ,throttle has to be pushed forward about 3-4 inches after you engage to start gassin it.i thought that also until i read the motor manuel its got to have a lil play.
    It was taking more than 3 or 4 inches to do anything. It would take almost all the way to the bottom before it would start giving it more gas, probably within the last inch, lol. We replaced the line and it is better, but not perfect.

Fireball I think I had the same or a similar issue.
    I was getting water from the spark plug area except it was a leaking stream of water not just mist.
    I posted a video to show what my problem was.
    I then removed the water jacket from the motor to find out all I needed to replace was the gasket.
    I bought some gasket material at the local auto parts and made my own gasket since the one I need is no longer made.
    Try that and I hope this help you get back on the water.
    Jimmy310

I took my boat to a repair place to get it fixed. They are doing quite a few different things, fixing the water around the spark plugs, doing something with the carbs, and a new water pump. I don't know exactly what they are doing, so I would have to ask my dad once he gets home.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234