Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Water Around Spark Plugs

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    I don't know how the water is getting there. It is just a small mist. That is how much it is. We took the spark plug out and ran it and a small mist comes out of the hole where the spark plug was.
    lol I'm thrown off.

You took the spark plug off and ran it? What does that mean bro??? You cant run a motor without a plug inside it.

Explain it step by step.

You ran it....
    you took out the spark plug....
    then a mist came out when you took the spark plug out....

then?

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    lol I'm thrown off.

You took the spark plug off and ran it? What does that mean bro??? You cant run a motor without a plug inside it.

Explain it step by step.

You ran it....
    you took out the spark plug....
    then a mist came out when you took the spark plug out....

then?
    1. Ran the motor
    2. Took spark plug out
    3. Ran the motor
    4. Mist comes out of whole where spark plug used to be
    5. Clean the spark plug and put it back in
    6. Ran it again

1. Ran the motor
    2. Took spark plug out
    3. Ran the motor
    4. Mist comes out of whole where spark plug used to be
    5. Clean the spark plug and put it back in
    6. Ran it again
    Wow! That's a unique diagnostic style! Run the motor on one less cylinder and see what happens! You do know that combustion in EACH cylinder is what makes the motor run smoothly, right?

What you are doing is akin to chopping off a horse's leg and forcing it to run, not so good man.

I suppose using your method it would be best to confirm if the mist you are seeing is gas or water and go from there. Maybe hold a lit lighter by the hole and see what happens when the mist hits it?

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Seriously though dude, intentionally running the motor on one less cylinder is not a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevman View Post
    Wow! That's a unique diagnostic style! Run the motor on one less cylinder and see what happens! You do know that combustion in EACH cylinder is what makes the motor run smoothly, right?

What you are doing is akin to chopping off a horse's leg and forcing it to run, not so good man.

I suppose using your method it would be best to confirm if the mist you are seeing is gas or water and go from there. Maybe hold a lit lighter by the hole and see what happens when the mist hits it?

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Seriously though dude, intentionally running the motor on one less cylinder is not a very good idea.
    Ummmm..... what he said!!!!!! Damn I was just thrown off to hear someone run a motor with one cylinder with no spark plugged in? Wtf? lol.... one more time wtf? Never,ever run a motor with any plug disconnected! Your asking for a cylinder to seize in!!! never do anything like that,,, Gas won't burn in and also cause there to be no lubrication..... don't do that bro..... lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    Ummmm..... what he said!!!!!! Damn I was just thrown off to hear someone run a motor with one cylinder with no spark plugged in? Wtf? lol.... one more time wtf? Never,ever run a motor with any plug disconnected! Your asking for a cylinder to seize in!!! never do anything like that,,, Gas won't burn in and also cause there to be no lubrication..... don't do that bro..... lol.....
    Ok, we just needed to test if there was actually something coming out of the spark plug area and what it was. We only ran it for a couple seconds. Still seemed to run fine on 3 cylinders, lol.

cutbait Guest

When you compression test make sure you disengage the ignition. You don't want it running while your cranking it over.

Sounds like your "mist" is gas o lean!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    when you compression test make sure you disengage the ignition. You don't want it running while your cranking it over.

Sounds like your "mist" is gas o lean!!!
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    When you compression test make sure you disengage the ignition. You don't want it running while your cranking it over.
    Damn good advice! Disconnect all the spark plug wires and you are fine.

What are your compression #s, FB?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevman View Post
    Damn good advice! Disconnect all the spark plug wires and you are fine.

What are your compression #s, FB?
    We haven't tested it yet, but there are some numbers written on the block, which look to be compression numbers. They are 125 130 125 125. (If I remember correctly from looking at it yesterday)

We bought a new throttle cable today so that there isn't so much slop in the cable, making it so that when you push the throttle forward, you had to push it forward pretty far before it would do anything. Hopefully this will fix it.

We haven't tested it yet, but there are some numbers written on the block, which look to be compression numbers. They are 125 130 125 125. (If I remember correctly from looking at it yesterday)

We bought a new throttle cable today so that there isn't so much slop in the cable, making it so that when you push the throttle forward, you had to push it forward pretty far before it would do anything. Hopefully this will fix it.
    throttle cables are'nt supposed to be to tight ,as to were you engage forward ,throttle has to be pushed forward about 3-4 inches after you engage to start gassin it.i thought that also until i read the motor manuel its got to have a lil play.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast