Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 reels to choose from...which one do i get?

Default 4 reels to choose from...which one do i get?

I've asked about reels here before and I still haven't figured out which one I want. I've narrowed it down to 4.

1st Pflueger Patriarch model Patriarch 71LP for $147.82
    2nd Daiwa Zillion Model TDZLN100HA for $208.17
    3rd Quantum Tour edition PT Model TE100HPT for 191.99
    4th Okuma Model SR-200W for 113.50

Which one is the best? Which one is the smoothest, farthest casting and well built? All are killer prices so Im a bit confused? Sometimes I want the Diawa because it's a Diawa and other times I want the Pflueger because it has 10 ball bearings .then the Quantum has a nice feel and is smooth but then there is the Okuma that has good reviews and is cheap! Im so confused!

Quote Originally Posted by duce View Post
    I've asked about reels here before and I still haven't figured out which one I want. I've narrowed it down to 4.

1st Pflueger Patriarch model Patriarch 71LP for $147.82
    2nd Daiwa Zillion Model TDZLN100HA for $208.17
    3rd Quantum Tour edition PT Model TE100HPT for 191.99
    4th Okuma Model SR-200W for 113.50

Which one is the best? Which one is the smoothest, farthest casting and well built? All are killer prices so Im a bit confused? Sometimes I want the Diawa because it's a Diawa and other times I want the Pflueger because it has 10 ball bearings .then the Quantum has a nice feel and is smooth but then there is the Okuma that has good reviews and is cheap! Im so confused!
    Easy Daiwa Zillion Coastal
    I dont like Quantum because they use ceramic drags
    Pflueger well I dont like how they are built or their preformance
    and Okuma are cheap for a reason.

All of these are pretty "all-purpose" reels, so may I suggest a Curado E? Much lighter than the Zillions and IMO cast further. Cheaper too. If you're fishing 6 or 8lb line, Daiwa Sol. Best USDM Daiwa reel available.

I have a Quantum Accurist and have not had any problems..a good back up reel..
    And as for okuma they make reels for other companies..
    if i may...look into ths reel from BASS PRO

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults

It matches well with other reels of equal cost...you will get more bang for you buck so to speak..it is my go to reel. it casts a mile..the drag is butter.. break system is killer.. have to work to a backlash . my 2 cents..

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    All of these are pretty "all-purpose" reels, so may I suggest a Curado E? Much lighter than the Zillions and IMO cast further. Cheaper too.
    What this man said.

I'd go with the Curado too. You'd be able find it on here for about the price of the pflugar.

+1 for the Curado.

I can get the curado for $125 (or 135, somewhere around there). Ive used them and havent liked them. They feel cheap and not very solid. I was going to buy the e7 but then I used it for a total of 16 hours and was not impressed. The 4 I listed above feel more solid and more smooth than the curado. (imho)
    Last edited by duce; 11-04-2009 at 08:44 PM.

On your list there is only ONE Reel I would even consider...

Daiwa.....

Okay, that's fine. Some people like it, some don't. Find yourself a Chronarch 50mg or a Daiwa Sol. If you can shell out a few more bucks, how about a Conquest or Calcutta TE in the 100 size.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast