Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: daiwa luna 203 upgrade?

Default daiwa luna 203 upgrade?

I heard that there some bushing in the 203 that can be upgraded to ball bearing. Does any one know what part # they are? I bought a set of boca bearing that's supposedly an grade for the 203.

If someone has done this, please let me know how it's done.

Thanks.

I dont think there are bushings in the Luna at all.. All bearings.. Even under the main shaft...
    Here is a link to a Schematic. you can see for yourself...
    http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schem...bum=24&pos=832

If you dont go to "Ceramic Bearings", dont bother.. But the Ceramic are awesome....

Replacing bearings that are worn out is fine (& cheaper then Ceramic) but to upgrade, Ceramic all the way....
    Tight, smooth as silk and dont wear much at all, last a very long time???...

Upgrade the spool bearings to Boca Orange Seals. You don't really need to replace any other bearing becasue like Nessie pointed out, there are no bushings in the Luna. If you need the cranking power, you could always slap on a power handle(lots to choose from on ebay) or a carbon fiber handle. You could toss in a spool from a Bay Casting Special or a CV-Z(JDM) for a better casting range. Cork knobs are never out of style either.

This is one of the reasons I love Daiwa. There are just so many upgrades available, so when I can't justify buying another reel...I spend the same amount on upgrades.

Thanks for the info guys. One question, can I add bearing to the factory handle on the 203?

Thanks.

Nope, not onto the factory handle.

Thanks Kevin. I'll quit thinking about upgrade the luna. Its free spool is already amazing.