Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last Remaining Kencor rods

I am a huge Kencor Tenlew magnaglass fishing rod fan for trout fishing. Now if the Co. kencor goes out of business you can not expect to get your lifetime warranty. I am bummed at that . That was a cool thing when I bought my rods new at Turners.

You also can not expect someone to sell Kencor Tenlew Magnaglass rods for cheep either. The price is what the market will bear . That goes with any product .

I will be in touch very soon Byron.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinChef View Post
    So since your selling these rods and standing behind them will you honor their warranty,because if not I would expect them to be heavily discounted.I also happen to be one of those people who bought a kencor rod NZ66-2v and when it broke and I took it to a kencor authorized retailer, I was expecting a replacement or something they basically told me I was S.O.L.The rod is a great rod but i`m also out $50 bucks, so who knows how many other people got burned by all of this that has transpired.

BassinChef
    reason Turners doesnt honor the warranty is because they burned the owner. the inventory they have will dry up. Its not like they can come back to the owner for warranty rods
    and same thing with Sport Chalet
    However, I can. I deal with him directly and didnt burn him
    Show me a receipt and Ill swap it for you. in fact, Ive got the same rod you have only a 5'5' in stock and can swap it for that this week. If you got a receipt..

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    I am a huge Kencor Tenlew magnaglass fishing rod fan for trout fishing. Now if the Co. kencor goes out of business you can not expect to get your lifetime warranty. I am bummed at that . That was a cool thing when I bought my rods new at Turners.

You also can not expect someone to sell Kencor Tenlew Magnaglass rods for cheep either. The price is what the market will bear . That goes with any product .

I will be in touch very soon Byron.
    I know
    and especially for the price they were. cheapest rod witha lifetime warranty.
    But its not that bad because I have yet to see a magnaglass trout rod break from fishing.
    The goal is to sell the company , but at this point its not looking good.
    and that lifetime warranty in mind... I wonder if Turners still honors their lifetime warranties on CALIFORNIA rods.... since its under new ownership...

damn i hate to hear that. i love my trout rods. i took alot of trout with them. thats one of the risks you take with owning a biz and doing a credit line on your product. he should of just got tough with them it sounds like he let them buffalo him over to the point where they killed his company. i personally dont deal with tuners or SC i got to grantboys to get my kencor rods. by the way where are you located i might pick up another trout rod

So are all the blanks now made in China?

Seems like it was a business decision on the part of Kencor to expand the line and to import cheaper blanks to make a larger margin in profit. They figured they could get away with a lower quality blank and product but make their money in volume....

It backfired and now reality sets in....doesnt seem any different than the thousands of other companies which go belly up every year. Greed it not always good....

Its mind boggling to me that a company would get screwed over by Turners and Sport Chalet and just take it...

Quote Originally Posted by camman View Post
    So are all the blanks now made in China?

Seems like it was a business decision on the part of Kencor to expand the line and to import cheaper blanks to make a larger margin in profit. They figured they could get away with a lower quality blank and product but make their money in volume....

It backfired and now reality sets in....doesnt seem any different than the thousands of other companies which go belly up every year. Greed it not always good....

Its mind boggling to me that a company would get screwed over by Turners and Sport Chalet and just take it...
    No, not all the blanks are Chinese
    you guys didnt pay attention to the whole SHpeil i put LOL

Kencor has (2) lines of blanks
    Chinese
    and Japanese

Japanese blanks are untouchable
    they are super lightweight and extremely strong.
    for example, a 7' 12-40# kencor japanese blank only weighs about 4 ounces... thats really light

Kenny ( old owner) only used Japanese blanks
    James ( new owner) ADDED chinese blanks to the lineup

Kencor had a total of about 53 product lines totalling over 160 different rods

I am a kayak fisherman myself. I like short light weight rated rods for fishing smack dab in teh middle of kelp patties. TO this day, I have only seen 1 company ( out of okuma, penn, cal star, seeker) make a single 5' 12-40# range kayak rod...
    But Kencor, had about 20 different models ranging from 4'10 -5'10 from 8-20 to 30-60# kayak rods
    and theyre chinese rods had a 5 year warranty.. a kayak rod for $70 with a 5 year warranty.. no one can compare.. uglystick has a 5 year warranty for under $100, but no other companies do

im in Norco CA

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean-angler View Post
    im in Norco CA

I'll drive out when I am ready to buy. I wrote down some model #s that I want . I would like to see the rods I purchase . I am thinking 1 rod next week.

i like kencors, ive never had a problem with mine.

bump, I finally updated the inventory quantities and pricing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12