Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PB Brown Trout Bridgport

Default awesome fish

were you throwing minijigs from the shore? were you adding weight to the line and if so, how much? and how heavy was your minijig?

Awesome catches anglers!!!

Now that's a freakin' brownie!!!

I used a custom poured 1/16th ounce jig head on a Gamakatsu hook. I recommend using an aftermarket premium jig head by Owner or Gamakatsu. More important is never go to the Sierras with old line. I respool every night if I think I need it or not. Or i might have
    Quote Originally Posted by sandtrout View Post
    were you throwing minijigs from the shore? were you adding weight to the line and if so, how much? and how heavy was your minijig?

Quote Originally Posted by ghost2uu View Post
    had a blast fishing Bridgeport over the weekend. Fished the reservoir for wide open trout fishing on fish to 5-0. We even got into brookies and cutthroats so it was fun. Now for the details we hit Lower Twin and this fish was in the lake where the creek comes in out on the shelf by the buoys. Was chasing another brown and I think some koakanee? Anyways fired the mini jig on him and he gulped it. Fought the fish for 15 minutes after he bolted up the creek(thank god) and my buddy got hardcore kicked his shoes off and jumped in(want to catch a big fish leave the net in the car) thigh high to cradle the brown and bring him in for a quick pick and a quick weighing. Brown weighed nine pounds and was put in the creek so we could get a lengh measurment of 28 inches and a girth of 16 inches. We then took turns reviving the fish (I had to tire him on four pound) and wathing gaurd the next hour to make sure no one came by and snagged it. He swam up stream to the protected area so I was STOKED!!!!! Hopefully I see him next year............

Beautiful brown.....way to go!!!!

WTG bro. Those are some plump n fine looking fish. I thought you woulda hit Kirman while u were up there. NICE pics bro.....

Greg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234