Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PB Brown Trout Bridgport

Default PB Brown Trout Bridgport (More pics added)

had a blast fishing Bridgeport over the weekend. Fished the reservoir for wide open trout fishing on fish to 5-0. We even got into brookies and cutthroats so it was fun. Now for the details we hit Lower Twin and this fish was in the lake where the creek comes in out on the shelf by the buoys. Was chasing another brown and I think some koakanee? Anyways fired the mini jig on him and he gulped it. Fought the fish for 15 minutes after he bolted up the creek(thank god) and my buddy got hardcore kicked his shoes off and jumped in(want to catch a big fish leave the net in the car) thigh high to cradle the brown and bring him in for a quick pick and a quick weighing. Brown weighed nine pounds and was put in the creek so we could get a lengh measurment of 28 inches and a girth of 16 inches. We then took turns reviving the fish (I had to tire him on four pound) and wathing gaurd the next hour to make sure no one came by and snagged it. He swam up stream to the protected area so I was STOKED!!!!! Hopefully I see him next year............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big brown bennett.jpg 
Views:	1884 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	16089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brook and cutt.jpg 
Views:	1189 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	16098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cutthroat.jpg 
Views:	1118 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	16099  
    Last edited by ghost2uu; 10-29-2009 at 12:17 PM.

What a beauty! Nice you let it go!

Good job man!!! Great looking fish

Wow. Thats a pig. Awesome colors and damn it looks mean with that hook jaw. Congrats. Good job on the release also.

Good Lord. Nice fish man.

EXCELENT JOB , Beaut. fish and letting him go to live on . bridgeport resv. is a fun place to fish also . thanks for the report and pic of the big brown . looking foward to future reports . // db

Awesome catch...congrats!

TD

I think I saw you guys standing right below the "250 ft" sign below the bridge Monday morning. If if wasn't you then nice fish. I was up there at a friends cabin. Fished Kirman and the Upper O.

those were my buddies on the 250 mark but that was on Saturday we all left Sunday mid morning we also hit kirman on fri and it was sick but bridgeport res was on fire. Was someone trying to snag my fish on monday?
    Last edited by ghost2uu; 10-27-2009 at 10:42 AM.

WOW !!!!!! Awesome brown, way to go....glad you set him free !!! The colors on that hookjaw are amazing !!!!! Thats a true trophy. you should take your pics and measurements to a taxidermist and have a wall mount made. congrats !!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast