Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Laughing in Laughlin: T57 wedding reception!

Default Laughing in Laughlin: T57 wedding reception!

Drove up to Laughlin with The King of Cats, his royal highness, El Trollmeister. We were invited to the Bullets_Full / Tater wedding reception in Laughlin.

We checked in to the Avi Resort, and somehow miraculously we happened to have all our fishing poles, tackleboxes and 50lbs of premium catfish bait in my SUV. How did that happen?

Taking advantage of this little fact, friday morning we decided to survey the area (neither Trolly or I have ever fished Laughlin) and found a couple promising spots not far from the resort.

We went to a state park and spoke with a cute Park Ranger. Trolly poured on the Armenian charm, and within minutes this lady was coughing up all the secret fishing spots. Classic!

A little later in the day, we drive off to one of the spots Trolly's girlfriend confessed to. What a great little fishing hole it was. We were later joined by the bride and groom and a couple of their friends, as well as Kalidawg.

Nice job Trolly!!

Even later that afternoon, Trolly and I decided to do some more recon and drive towards the strip to see if we could find more spots. We hit a few places by the bridge (Thanks Webmaster Jeff for the tips!!) and along the hotels. We had some bites and farmed fish, but unfortunately, nothing landed in our short time there.

Continuing up the road, we hit the Davis Dam area from the Nevada side. Looks like there are tons of really good looking striper spots.

At the end of friday, we made it back home to the resort. There was still some daylight, and this drove us crazy, so we figured we would "ninja" around the resort area. Turns out it was the most WIDE OPEN dink fishing we had all day for bass and trout! It was all good until the security guy showed up......LOL! (hey, there were no signs anywhere forbidding us!)

As if we had not fished enough all day, we decided to go catfishing at one of the spots (no pics taken). Joining us was Grannyfish and Grandpa fish! We had laughs and a few bites (actually Granny had the bites) but no takers.

Saturday morning came all too early. By 8am we were once again in the truck running around trying to find spots along the river. Our first stop was to the same place we catfished the night before. As we drove up we noticed there was someone fishing our spot.

As we got to talking with this fellow angler (mostly us asking him the scoop on fishing Laughlin), he reveals he is a recent ex-marine, and that he knew was Fishingnetwork.net was! In fact, he rattled off the name "TROUTONLY", and told us Troutonly has a bit of a following from the Marines in Afghanistan!

I was floored.....but not floored enough to stop fishing altogether and catch these little guys:

Shortly after this little session, we got back in the truck and headed to Davis Camp (Arizona side).

Right about here, I had one heck of a fight with a fish. My 8lb test was no match. Line was peeling off as the fish sprinted up river, and there was practically no way for me to slow it down or chase it. I eventually palmed the spool and tried a couple jerks to turn it, but in the end, the fish took off with my lucky rattle-trap. I can't think of a better way to lose that lure. Trolly and I laughed so hard....

Shortly thereafter, we got the travellin' itch again, so we got back in the truck and randomnly drove all the way south on the Arizona side.

At about Bullhead City, and following the river, we ran into this tackle store:

[ Riviera Marina, 520 Riviera Blvd, Bullhead City, 928-763-8550]

Cont'd next thread...

Default Laughing in Laughlin....Part Deux!

(continuation of report)

The owner, Rusty, is about the nicest guy you'll ever meet. Had it not been for the Rusty, we would have been turning around and looking for fshing spots elsewhere. Instead, he gave us directions to this gem:

Topoc Marsh!!

After surveying the area a bit, we got back in the truck and headed toward the place where Trolly wishes to be buried:

This pic is for you Pontoon!

Sadly, we had no time to catfish the spot, as the reception was 2 hours away. So we had to rush home and get gussied up for a big night of festivities.

I'll leave the details and pics of that soiree for Bullets & Tater to post, but let me just say that there was a bit of this:

Congratulations again Bullets & Tater. I expect an invitation to your 10th, 20th, and 50th wedding anniversary if they are to be held in Laughlin!!! We had a blast, and the food was awesome!

You guys are the best.
    Last edited by sansou; 10-26-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Congrats to Bullets and Tater!!! Nice pics Rich. That's cool catching all kinds of fish! Man that the kind of wedding reception I want to go to!!1

Rich, Ive enjoyed part one. The pics are awesome and they almost seem just like Trolly described to me as I got updated reports over the phone..........I'm off to part two.

OMG Rich, you guys were very close to where my uncle lives. He's described Catfish Paradise to me but I had no idea! Thanks for the pics My Friend. Had it not been improper to crash a party I'd have stowed away in the back of your truck and gladly shared space with the bait trolly brought along just to have the chance to fish that place.

Now I've got to go back and review part one because I swear you mentioned something about Trolly having some sort of charm?

Last but not least, Congratulations Bullets and Tater! I'm sure you two are going to have a wonderful life together because you two have always seemed to me to be a perfect match! I've always enjoyed talking to both of you at the get togethers.

Congratulations again to Both of you!

Erica and I were so glad we could have some of our closest FNN friends make it out to celebrate our marriage. We fished a bit (not as much as we wanted to) but managed to pull a few from the river too. We will definitely be back before the end of the year to cash in our comps before January. We will post some pics of the fish and the reception when I detox from 5 days of utter debauchery.

Terry - I really wish we had known earlier of family that couldn't make it at the last minute. We would've been more than happy to have you and your wife come to fill their spots. I hope you understand my friend. If you can, please join us in Nov or Dec for an all out fishing trip to Laughlin.

We will post some pics later when we recover.

_Bullets

Quote Originally Posted by bullets_full View Post
    Erica and I were so glad we could have some of our closest FNN friends make it out to celebrate our marriage. We fished a bit (not as much as we wanted to) but managed to pull a few from the river too. We will definitely be back before the end of the year to cash in our comps before January. We will post some pics of the fish and the reception when I detox from 5 days of utter debauchery.

Terry - I really wish we had known earlier of family that couldn't make it at the last minute. We would've been more than happy to have you and your wife come to fill their spots. I hope you understand my friend. If you can, please join us in Nov or Dec for an all out fishing trip to Laughlin.

We will post some pics later when we recover.

_Bullets
    Greg,

I completely understand and didn't mean anything by my comment. I was just kidding with Trolly because he knows how bad I've wanted to fish the river area.

Emilie and I want to congratulate both You and Erica and we wish you both nothing but the best in the years to come!

Quote Originally Posted by PONTOON View Post
    OMG Rich, you guys were very close to where my uncle lives. He's described Catfish Paradise to me but I had no idea! Thanks for the pics My Friend. Had it not been improper to crash a party I'd have stowed away in the back of your truck and gladly shared space with the bait trolly brought along just to have the chance to fish that place.

Now I've got to go back and review part one because I swear you mentioned something about Trolly having some sort of charm?

Last but not least, Congratulations Bullets and Tater! I'm sure you two are going to have a wonderful life together because you two have always seemed to me to be a perfect match! I've always enjoyed talking to both of you at the get togethers.

Congratulations again to Both of you!

Pontoon!

Trolly and I kept on telling each other Pontoon will go nutz if he sees this place (Catfish Paradise)! You couldn't ask for a nicer spot with trees and super-fishy looking waters.

I think it's time you and Trolly go visit your uncle!! LOL!!

What a fun read guys , good variety of fish caught . great pics . that river water was COLD I bet .

Enjoyed fishing with you guys Friday night. I think we would have done better if we had gone up to Davis camp, but we enjoyed the evening none the less. I'm still laughing

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast