Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Malibu 10/26

Default Malibu 10/26

Initially, I was going to LB. My monday morning ritual of 7-Eleven coffee not only supplied me with caffeine but also news that LB was closed to a sewage spill. Malibu, here I come. Arrived at 6:30. Conditions were windy with some salad and eel grass. The water was clear and the swell was tame. I decided to DP today on my 7' ultra light set up with 6lb line. The wind and current made things tricky until I found the right spot.
    First fish. Shorty.

The very next cast. . . legal.

15 minutes later. Shorty.

The traffic on the 1 made me stay longer than I wished at this spot. I worked and worked for a forth fish around 9:00. Saw a nice sized corbina sliding along the shore but I wasn't prepared for that one. Three Dolphin came in close. Always good to see them.

On the 1 heading home by 9:20.

Catching these fish on light gear was quite an experience. Can't wait until next Monday!

Sweet! Looks nice and calm out there.

nice butts, water looks great. i was out in malibu on saturday and where i was at there was lots of salad. didnt get hung up much but it was a pain fishing in it. thanks for the pics and report.

Nice job getting out and back in again quickly with a legal to boot.