Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disco Mike & TopwaterTony Castaic 10/25

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    I was told anything that resembled a shad by a guy at Sport Chalet. Where do the striper like to hangout? I hardly know anything about the upper lake. I will try and talk my dad into getting a shad net.
    From my experience @ Castaic, they are pretty much all over. The schools run into coves, and out, one half hour they might be there, and the other they might bail only to come back later. If you are having trouble finding where they are posted that day, troll around. If you got more than one rod in the water on the troll often times you will knows when you run through a school (if you don't have a meter) because both rods half the time get bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Mike View Post
    Those nets will NOT work...
    Now Mike,,,,, he might get one or two dead ones floating lets be real here. In all seriousness there is quite a difference. That net you linked has too much water resistance as well as the bait being able to see and avoid it. Shad are high maintenance though if you ask me .... they die easy.

cutbait Guest

Way to go Disco!!!

Same little pocket we saw ya at?

Nice 7 lber

nice job, congrats on the feesh...
    Keep up the good work
    Gary

d,mike and t,tony,,,,,,nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND THIS IS FOR D,MIKE

Nice bloody pics...

Yeah nylon net has resistance in the water and the split second longer that it takes to go through the water, the shad are gone. The expensive ones are mono nets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12