Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Going 160 MPH at Fontana

Default Going 160 MPH at Fontana

The girlfriend bought me a gift certificate last year for my birthday for the "driving experience" which is 10 laps in a race-ready stock car. We drove up to Fontana yesterday and after a 30 minute class they put you in a car with an instructor and he tells you to floor it! My best lap was at 160 MPH. I recommend it to anyone who wants to do something like that. What a rush!!!

That's me inside the red #9 car replacing Kasey Kahne.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT115878.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	16070  

Very cool. After 10 laps did you still want to do more ?

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Very cool. After 10 laps did you still want to do more ?
    Heck no. I was on the edge the whole way and was happy to see the checkered flag!!

Really ? I think I would be the opposite. I think I will try that someday. I would be driving that car like I stole it.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Really ? I think I would be the opposite. I think I will try that someday. I would be driving that car like I stole it.
    Don't get me wrong. I drove just as fast as everyone else-- just glad I didn't crash at a high rate of speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deanhall32 View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I drove just as fast as everyone else-- just glad I didn't crash at a high rate of speed!!!
    Hahaha

Yea dude that would suck. Other than that I bet it was one hell of a drive.

I've always wanted to try that too.. looks awesome man!, i gotta hint to the wifey about my bday gift now. haha

If you like that. you gotta try the track on a sportbike.. 90-100 mph sweepers and 160+ on the straightways!!!
    I'm sure it doesnt roar like the 500+hp in that car.. but still exhilirating!!

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    I've always wanted to try that too.. looks awesome man!, i gotta hint to the wifey about my bday gift now. haha

If you like that. you gotta try the track on a sportbike.. 90-100 mph sweepers and 160+ on the straightways!!!
    I'm sure it doesnt roar like the 500+hp in that car.. but still exhilirating!!
    I think I will stay in the car. Felt a little safer being strapped to the seat with a racing suit, helmet, and HANS device. It was quite uncomfortable though with it being hotter than heck, loud, and bumpy through the turns trying to keep the car to the inside while it tries to head for the wall!! I think I did a good job and will take it!!

Quote Originally Posted by deanhall32 View Post
    I think I will stay in the car. Felt a little safer being strapped to the seat with a racing suit, helmet, and HANS device. It was quite uncomfortable though with it being hotter than heck, loud, and bumpy through the turns trying to keep the car to the inside while it tries to head for the wall!! I think I did a good job and will take it!!
    sounds awesome... did you have to put ear plugs in?? I can imagine how those cars sound!!! awesome experience..