Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nice Lobster. How big???

I agree with letting the big ones go... I told him not to hang out with that crowd in the last picture.. Not sure if he is safe....

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyFSU View Post
    sorry i dunno how to tell the difference.
    Here now you can
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holloween 022.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	16156  

Quote Originally Posted by ssericz View Post
    ya they are... but still all large bugs should be released it pisses me off to see people kill big breeders... Mine went to the aquarium to help with aquaculturing them and reintroducing them into the wild like hubbs and white sea bass...
    Well here you go, hope it calms you down a bit now. Big females should go back and it is a good thing as they carry thousands of eggs but as for the males IMO, even the smallest males can fertilize egg carrying females. Very nice of you to have donated your bug to the aquarium so you get an attaboy. Check it.

http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/in...inute-gig.html

Also for anyone to say that the big ones taste like ***, they're out of their mind...

Waaahhh wahhh wahh

Quote Originally Posted by duytran View Post
    Here now you can
    intresting, so girls have big bumps and boys have small bumps. and girls have big fins (whatever you call them)? do i have that right??

intresting, so girls have big bumps and boys have small bumps. and girls have big fins (whatever you call them)? do i have that right??
    yes you got that right.

i just found out now too. lol

thanks for the info Duy.

Also females have larger tails and the last two legs are forked so that they can tend to their eggs. Male's last two legs are pointed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345