Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Types of Fishing line?

"Uncle Homer," a LONG time bass GOD put it best ... "The monofilament fishing line is absolutely perfect for the majority of anglers."

Unless you're chucking jigs and craws/creatures in to HEAVY cover, dragging cranks and spinners through brush and timber, thunking frogs and top waters around pads and weeds .... then you need a good BRAID! (I'd recommend Suffix)

If you're serious about finessing an array of dancy plastics .... then you need a good FLOUROCARBON (I'd recommend Berkley 100% Flouro)

Other than that man ... for the occasional California angler catfishin, trout fishin, or bass fishin ..... stick to a tried-and-true mono!

Quote Originally Posted by Koshaw View Post
    It works out ok for me. I got 1200 yards of Spectra 10lb braid for 65 bux...

And I use Maxima 3lb fluoro with that or I use Izorline XXX with the fluro.
    you really use 10lb braid for tout???

i personally don't use anything more then 4lb mono with fluro leader unless im trolling then 6-8lb mono

Quote Originally Posted by Simplyeman View Post
    Not sure if this is a problem with all fishing lines but something ive noticed recently with flouro when i cast light tackle is my line coils wayyyyyyy to much especially when i have light line (2-4). What i do love about flouro is the line diameter. If youre spool says 140 yards @ 4# you will get 140 yards whereas with mono it's always less.

What do you guys think of maxima? I hear people complaining about the coiling and others love it.
    To almost all flouro it happens,,,lol,,,

Always tie it to a tree or tube or something and pull and stretch it,,,

Quote Originally Posted by NoHo ART View Post
    you really use 10lb braid for tout???

i personally don't use anything more then 4lb mono with fluro leader unless im trolling then 6-8lb mono
    Well it is only 1-2lb diameter =). And I use several feet of 2-3lb maxima fluro for a leader.

i guess whatever floats your power bait

Hee =)

I also just got a #4 1/4 spool of Izorline XXX today. I really like it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12