Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hooping Oct 18/19 Chaffee Island w/ Limits

Default bug reports

Why post bug reports at all.
    No buddy with any sense gives up there spots,
    its all just look at me,look what I caught!
    Years ago we could fish with as many nets
    as you were man enough to pull.

Then at one point f&g said 2 nets apeice.
    We all bit##ed.
    Then they changed it to 5 apiece 10 a boat.

Now we have bug cards & more restrictions on
    the horizon.

The guys that were around when we got cut
    to 2 nets apeice weren't posting about bugs
    then,they still aren't.
    catch your bugs
    eat your bugs
    keep it under your hat.
    Newbs get a clue before its over PLEASE.
    Flame me if you want I'm done, as we all will be soon.
    Mike

What he said.

Do I smell haters here???? bassoff, please continue to post your report dude.....fk what others say. this is a fishing,lobster,etc forums if you dont like what you see, go somewhere else dont bother to click on the report cuz no way in hell anyone would give you their spot. secret spots? theres no secret, just go find yourself a rock and drop your nets/divers down and you'll get some

why do lobsters bring out the drama? its only bugs people......

Crazy, Schaffee still produces huh? As far as secret locations, boys, I have locations some of you would never even think of dropping any hoops but yeah, can't tell ya. If I showed you how we did last night much more drama would be born and then it's no fun to put up reports anymore.

I can't remember the last time I launched out of Davies and not see at least 6 boats all around the island and with glow sticks all over the place. I caught my first 11lb 8oz bug three years ago and the island is still just as pressured today as it was then. Not sure how anyone can even work around all the floats without getting caught up. But you guys are doing well and know what you're doing for sure.

Bassoff, good work btw, secret or not your efforts have paid off. It's all about presentation. Case in point, Hesbros hooped right next to JL and limited while JL got a dozen crab. Like Bass, tide movement is a HUGE factor. Barometric pressure is also a huge factor. Full moon or not has nothing to do with it guys, all a myth. The light from the moon is nowhere near powerful enough to even reach 20 feet of water. Anothe hint would be that where Calicos hang out, this is where bugs hang out. Sandies don't follow the same rule. If you hoop and get spider crab consistently, move your stuff. Spider crab and bugs don't like to hang out together. Crab are territorial I believe while bugs are not and are community animals.

Have fun and be safe!

If I said too much, feel free to pm me and I will edit or mods can move or kil. I know how frustrating this process can be. I used to hoop alot prior to diving. You can search back to reports dating back to 2006.
    Last edited by ahhvtec; 10-21-2009 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahhvtec View Post
    Crazy, Schaffee still produces huh? As far as secret locations, boys, I have locations some of you would never even think of dropping any hoops but yeah, can't tell ya. If I showed you how we did last night much more drama would be born and then it's no fun to put up reports anymore.

I can't remember the last time I launched out of Davies and not see at least 6 boats all around the island and with glow sticks all over the place. I caught my first 11lb 8oz bug three years ago and the island is still just as pressured today as it was then. Not sure how anyone can even work around all the floats without getting caught up. But you guys are doing well and know what you're doing for sure.

Bassoff, good work btw, secret or not your efforts have paid off. It's all about presentation. Case in point, Hesbros hooped right next to JL and limited while JL got a dozen crab. Like Bass, tide movement is a HUGE factor. Barometric pressure is also a huge factor. Full moon or not has nothing to do with it guys, all a myth. The light from the moon is nowhere near powerful enough to even reach 20 feet of water. Anothe hint would be that where Calicos hang out, this is where bugs hang out. Sandies don't follow the same rule. If you hoop and get spider crab consistently, move your stuff. Spider crab and bugs don't like to hang out together. Crab are territorial I believe while bugs are not and are community animals.

Have fun and be safe!

If I said too much, feel free to pm me and I will edit or mods can move or kil. I know how frustrating this process can be. I used to hoop alot prior to diving. You can search back to reports dating back to 2006.
    Dammit Duc, you let te cat out of the bag

Quote Originally Posted by duytran View Post
    do i smell haters here???? Bassoff, please continue to post your report dude.....fk what others say. This is a fishing,lobster,etc forums if you dont like what you see, go somewhere else dont bother to click on the report cuz no way in hell anyone would give you their spot. Secret spots? Theres no secret, just go find yourself a rock and drop your nets/divers down and you'll get some
    i agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by ahhvtec View Post
    crazy, schaffee still produces huh? As far as secret locations, boys, i have locations some of you would never even think of dropping any hoops but yeah, can't tell ya. If i showed you how we did last night much more drama would be born and then it's no fun to put up reports anymore.

I can't remember the last time i launched out of davies and not see at least 6 boats all around the island and with glow sticks all over the place. I caught my first 11lb 8oz bug three years ago and the island is still just as pressured today as it was then. Not sure how anyone can even work around all the floats without getting caught up. But you guys are doing well and know what you're doing for sure.

Bassoff, good work btw, secret or not your efforts have paid off. It's all about presentation. Case in point, hesbros hooped right next to jl and limited while jl got a dozen crab. Like bass, tide movement is a huge factor. Barometric pressure is also a huge factor. Full moon or not has nothing to do with it guys, all a myth. The light from the moon is nowhere near powerful enough to even reach 20 feet of water. Anothe hint would be that where calicos hang out, this is where bugs hang out. Sandies don't follow the same rule. If you hoop and get spider crab consistently, move your stuff. Spider crab and bugs don't like to hang out together. Crab are territorial i believe while bugs are not and are community animals.

Have fun and be safe!

If i said too much, feel free to pm me and i will edit or mods can move or kil. I know how frustrating this process can be. I used to hoop alot prior to diving. You can search back to reports dating back to 2006.
    duc, i know your secret spot. Lol. You and duy left 1 too many hints. :)
    Last edited by BIG0FISH; 10-22-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dc1 View Post
    why do lobsters bring out the drama? Its only bugs people......
    ur right but its just that some people are way too protective about their spots but understandable. We're all different which makes everything intresting.

Quote Originally Posted by duytran View Post
    Do I smell haters here???? bassoff, please continue to post your report dude.....fk what others say. this is a fishing,lobster,etc forums if you dont like what you see, go somewhere else dont bother to click on the report cuz no way in hell anyone would give you their spot. secret spots? theres no secret, just go find yourself a rock and drop your nets/divers down and you'll get some
    Ok, this has nothng to do with haters. And everyone knows that there are not too many secret spots in LB. But there are spots that not a whole lot of people hoop or dive at, not that this thread has anything to do with that. The point is that some places produce and some places dont. When you tell the world that a certain place is producing, it wont be long that it is not. If I were a hater, I certainly would not have gave JL or Bassoff any kind of advice or for that matter any others that have ever asked me questions. But since I have been given advice from others on this board I will do the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12