Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap Drop Shot Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    Do you suggest I get a Quantum Optix? Lol. I am either going to get a Okuma Aveon, Shimano Sienna, Shimano Solstace, or something else.
    The older models were very good, I caught a 4-5ft shark with the setup....lol... IDK about the new ones though try em' out it wont hurt...lol... But get a good rod man...Clarus, compre, mojobass, crucial etc etc...

wERE cAN i gET tHIS lINE .... ?

??????

IZOR XXX
    ?? i NEED 6-8 LBS AND 10-12 LBS..

Quote Originally Posted by Owner626 View Post

??????

IZOR XXX
    I think there is something wrong with either your keyboard, shift key or a bad twitch on your pinky???????????? I tHiNk ThEy SeLl ThAt IzOr LiNe OnLiNe At TaCkLeWaReHoUsE oR tAcKlEdIrEct.CoM mAyBe BaSs PrO oR CaBeLaS..... YoU'lL FiNd It SoOn BuT FiRsT GeT a NeW kEyBoArD bEcAuSe GoOgLe MaY nOt UnDeRsTaNd YoUr GrAmMaR.... gOoD lUcK kId,,,LoL,,,lMaO,,,rOfTl,,,J/k,,,HaHaHaHaHa,,, FnN iS tHe BeSt !¡!¡! WoOhOoOoOoO !¡!¡!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    I plan on getting a setup that isn't very expensive and I am not going to be upgrading it. So getting a cheaper setup isn't going to cause me to upgrade in the future.
    I'll remember those words when you come back asking about a Loomis dropshot rod and a Shimano Stradic or Sustain. Seriously though, you're just starting out. Once you learn more about the dropshot and see it's effectiveness, you will be looking to upgrade sooner or later. I still remember the $30 Berkley Signature Series rod and a $20 Abu Garcia Maxxar I used when I first started dropshotting. That was 11 years ago! Since then, I've upgraded the rod 6 times and 3 or 4 times for the reel.

From my own personal experience, I'm not saying to buy the best out there on the market. But buy the best that you can afford AND one which you'll be happy with for a few years. Or you'll find yourself spending more money upgrading every so often when you could've bought a good mid range setup to begin with. Just my .

??????

IZOR XXX
    Turner's Outdoorsman, Sport Chalet, or Sports Authority should carry it.

Also, what SoCal siad is dead on about upgrading. You will eventually upgrade, and you'll find you spend more if you just buy what you can afford now instead of saving for a more expensive set up. I'd save your money for a nice set up later instead of buying a relatively inexpensive set up now. You just started drop shotting, so you don't need a dedicated combo yet. Wait for a few months, save, and then pick one up that will last you a few years as opposed to getting one you will upgrade in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post

Also, what SoCal siad is dead on about upgrading. You will eventually upgrade, and you'll find you spend more if you just buy what you can afford now instead of saving for a more expensive set up. I'd save your money for a nice set up later instead of buying a relatively inexpensive set up now. You just started drop shotting, so you don't need a dedicated combo yet. Wait for a few months, save, and then pick one up that will last you a few years as opposed to getting one you will upgrade in a few months.
    Good idea. I will just practice now until I feel that I need a dedicated setup, then I will be able to afford something more expensive. Thank guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post

Checked sport chalet..didnt have it ..Only the regular one but not the xxx.. tried it befor its nice..but cant fint it now..ill try big 5

Checked sport chalet..didnt have it ..Only the regular one but not the xxx.. tried it befor its nice..but cant fint it now..ill try big 5
    For future reference, you may want to start another thread for your personal needs out of respect for the original owner.

That said, the cheapest I'e found it is on ebay. $13-$15 for a 1/4lb spool. More line than you'll ever need.

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    For future reference, you may want to start another thread for your personal needs out of respect for the original owner.

That said, the cheapest I'e found it is on ebay. $13-$15 for a 1/4lb spool. More line than you'll ever need.
    Owner is cool, lol. He doesn't need to start a new thread unless he wants to. I also want to get Izoline XXX since everyone loves it! I'm pretty sure I saw it when I was at Sport Chalet and Big 5.

you will get the fishing upgrade buying bug, the more you see the more you want. I said the same thing you said, and now I got 4 new setups within a few month span

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast