Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Cheap Drop Shot Setup

I was at Sport Chalet today and felt the the Mojo Bass rod and love its action and feel. How do you hold it, since it doesn't have the grip up in front of the reel seat? Are you supposed to hold the blank or have 2 fingers in front of the reel and then 2 fingers behind it? Won't that reduce sensitivity? I usually hold all my rods by the front grip. I used to hold it with 2 fingers in front of the reel and 2 behind, but I found it more comfortable to just have all my fingers on the front grip.

EDIT: I just watched a video and the guy was using a Mojo Bass rod and he had his hand right in front of the shank that attaches the reel to the rod, I think. That is probably the best way.
    Last edited by Fire Ball; 11-01-2009 at 07:00 PM.

I ended up getting a St Croix Mojo Bass rod and then Shimano Sedona reel! It seems like an awesome setup, but I don't want to take the tags off the rod yet because I don't know if I will be able to fit a 1 piece rod in my friend's car! Any tips for fitting it in?

Stick the tip out the rolled-down window, out the open sunroof, or put it with the butt on the rear deck and the tip across the underside of the roof, bending slightly to follow the curve of the windshield if necessary.

All those methods are tried and tested! LOL. Just be careful opening the door if you've got the tip out the window.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by Kevman View Post
    Stick the tip out the rolled-down window, out the open sunroof, or put it with the butt on the rear deck and the tip across the underside of the roof, bending slightly to follow the curve of the windshield if necessary.

All those methods are tried and tested! LOL. Just be careful opening the door if you've got the tip out the window.

Kev
    I think I am going to put one end in the front seat on the ground and then the tip up in the air in the back seat. If I can't do that, I am going to put it in the back and then just bend the tip along the roof as little as I can or try something else. I don't want to stick it out the window, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    I ended up getting a St Croix Mojo Bass rod and then Shimano Sedona reel! It seems like an awesome setup, but I don't want to take the tags off the rod yet because I don't know if I will be able to fit a 1 piece rod in my friend's car! Any tips for fitting it in?
    What kind of car does your friend have?

Quote Originally Posted by Socal Bassman View Post
    What kind of car does your friend have?
    Toyota Corolla. I just spooled the Seaguar line on the reel. I could afford it, so I decided to go with the Seaguar!

Toyota Corolla. I just spooled the Seaguar line on the reel. I could afford it, so I decided to go with the Seaguar!
    I've fit my 7'6" rods in my sister's Yaris bro..... My buddy has a nissan sentra and his 8' swimbait rod fits in there! Just lay the butt of the rod all the way in the front on the passenger seat and make it go all the way to the rear windshield....you'll figure something out.... I'm sure the rod is not over 7'....

Quote Originally Posted by GeordyBass View Post
    I've fit my 7'6" rods in my sister's Yaris bro..... My buddy has a nissan sentra and his 8' swimbait rod fits in there! Just lay the butt of the rod all the way in the front on the passenger seat and make it go all the way to the rear windshield....you'll figure something out.... I'm sure the rod is not over 7'....
    It is only 6'9" and it should fit then, if your friend's 8' swimbait rod fit! Lol. I hope I spooled the line right.

No prob. I have a Honda Civic and my 6'9" rods fit easily. It's a little tricky getting the 8' swimbait rod in, but it does fit.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789