Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: *lake skinner 10/18/09*

Default *lake skinner 10/18/09*

got to skinner @ 6:30am and fished off the shore for about 3 hours and in my 1st cast with mackeral got a lil hit.(probably bluegill). that was about it, then we got tired and headed down to the marine shop to go get a motor boat. we fished on the boat for about 2 hours with anchovies,chicken liver,meal worms,and mackeral. and still no bites!!!!!!!!!!! so we were gonna call it a day but decided to hit up a last spot,and got a little lgmb. well i didnt wanna catch that! i wanted some stripers and some catfish but noooooo! so we called it a day!idk if im ever gonna go back their! i hate it. but it is a good lgmb lake. oh and by the way the lgmb was released to get bigger and fight another day!

Nice job getting rid of the skunk. Try DVL after they start stocking trout if you wanna big stripey!

1 fish is better than nothing.
    Shore fishing at skinner can be real tought!!!

I went last Saturday to Skinner for the first time and we did pretty good fishing from shore. We fished at the point which is at the first turn in as you enter the gates. Mack worked good for 4 cats and I landed a nice sized lmb on the dropshot. Maybe we were just lucky. We just asked the ranger at the entrance where a good place to fish was and she sent us in the right direction. We did try anchovies for stripers but no luck. Give it another try.