Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irvine lake 10/17/09

Default Irvine lake 10/17/09

Decided to hit up the vine last nite in search of some dd kittys, so i hit up my buddy and told him to meet me at the lake around five, got to the lake bs'ed with david and whitney for a few mins rented my favorite lil green rental and we were off. Now i had told my buddy that we were in search of quality fish and that we would be posting up by the dam for the whole nite and that we might not even get bit but none the less we were sticking in that spot, got to the spot had to modify the anchor reason being we would be fishing 64-65 feet of water and only had 50 ft of anchor rope i had brought an additional 100ft of rope, so now were anchored down and its time to fish, nothing but big baits for me at least, whole macks, big bonito strips my buddy was fishing smaller baits, so bout a hour goes by and my buddy gets the first fish nothing big a stocker with a fat *** belly another 25 mins goes by and then my buddy hooks up with the first 8 pounder of the nite alright cool a bigger fish but now im thinkin damn im getting schooled by my student whats really goin on. Finally about 30 mins later my whole mack setup starts to make some noise so i get ready , fish made a couple of short runs then nothing so i say to myself he'll come back sure enough bout three mins later i notice my braid coming in closer to the boat so i get ready again and this time he is there another solid 8 pounder, cool now im finally on board. So for the next few hours we averaged a fish every 20-25 mins ranging between 3 and 4 lbs. Then 1am rolls around and my abu 9000i starts talkin to me again so i turn the clicker off to see what the fish wanted to do, couple of tugs then bam full speed running engage the reel and its on fish fought pretty good however he was no match to the 65lb powerpro. Called it a nite after i got him in the boat so final fish count was a 12.14 two 8's and the rest were 3 to 4 lb besides the one stocker, we had double limits. Bonito did not even get sniffed tonite all fish came off of fresh mack.
    Heres the only pic of tonite and its of the 12.14

Nice report 2 Quick. Congrats on your DD CATFISH

Nice you stuck to your game plan and it paid off.Great looking cat.

Very Nice 2Quick! Way to stick it out in the deep water. I'm sure there will be some bigger ones to come if you keep sticking it out like you are.
    Way to go!

Nice post. It's good you adjusted and went all out like that. A big one is up next for you. !! Congrats again on that dd.

wow nice fish

Well done!! next weekend i will have a good one to post. Mark my words

Very nice fish! Congrats Omar!

Cngrats on another fat fish Omar, 2009 has been good to you at the Vine my friend....keep up the good work!

WTG Smiley!

TD

Nice job GF...nice catfish!!

GD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast