Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captain Castaics " Striper Tacos "

Default Captain Castaics " Striper Tacos "

Ok some of you have asked for the recipe to my famous striper tacos so here goes. Now this is really simple...needs to be for a single dad..lol. All spices can be substituted to your likeing but this is how I have been doing it...

Butter // Avocado
    Chilli Powder // Cole Slaw
    Garlic Powder // Spanish rice
    Lawrys season salt // Black beans
    Italian seasoning // Tapatio hot sauce
    Flour/corn torts//

First go catch some stripers..

Fillet them bad boys...

I add a hunk of butter (3 or more tablespoons) to a large frying pan and turn on the heat to high...
    Add a good amount of both the chilli and garlic powder off to the side of the butter.
    Add a few shakes of the Lawrys and the Italian seasoning
    Let butter melt and mix the seasoning together to form a reddish sauce.
    Take the fillets one at a time and lay them down on pan ( careful hot) just to coat them with the sauce and flip them back over and place them down. Fill pan.

After you simmer them for about 8 minutes..( times depend on thickness )
    flip them and press them down with light pressure from spatula.
    They should begin to look like this..

Try them about 3 to 5 minutes after flipping...with a fork ..fish should break apart easy sorta flakes up. If you want a "Cajon" or "Blackened" taste..then at this time add some hotsauce and sear them on both sides for a minute more pressing them down with spatula..otherwise they are ready.

If you cooked rice and beans as well then get them ready to add to the tacos.
    Finished product!!
    Captain Castaics Famous Striper Tacos!!!!

Hope you like.

Captain Castaic

mmmmmm cant go wrong without the tapatio :lol: looks good man
    [IMG]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1952/osiitoavatorat7.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6360/38134035pg5.jpg[/IMG][img]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8875/28244273hx0.jpg[/img][img]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4591/trophiesal2.jpg[/img]

Thanks fpr sharing Captain C.

Can't wait till I hook into some linesides to try out your recipie

Troutman65

Oh man I had these earlier for dinner... It was perfect after a long day out on the lake because I started cooking this then turned around and they were done... I had time to chop some tomato and avocado that was it. I used alil more seasoning than the recipe called for... Well chili power... ok alot more then threw the tacos together and doused it in tapatio... Oh man were they spicy but rediculously good! I couldn't stop pounding them then my mouth burned for like 15 minutes. I also skipped the rice and beans since I figured cooking rice would take longer than the fish to cook...

Anyways this recipe was sooooo good! Super fast and really good can't go wrong with this one thats for sure.

Capt. C. ... May I borrow your Stripers???

You recipe is making me HUNGRY!!!

LOL ... now I'm going to have to do more than read a fishing book ... I'm going to have to catch some fish and make your tacos!

:lol:

Hey C.C. tried using these spices with my Stripers last night. Excellent! :thumb:

Looks soooo good!! Tapatio is one of my favorite hot sauces so I can practically taste them tacos already! :D

How much for a combo plate, CC?

O_L

That looks like one tastey meal you got there Captain. Yum :!: :!:

Fisher-of-Men

Default Re: Captain Castaics " Striper Tacos "

YAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: I tried this recipe yesterday with some DUCT STRIPES, tried it with the inlaws and it was a HUGE hit........many many thanks to you,,C,C........&# 46;T,BLAZER
    STRIPER11550:Twisted:

STRIPER FEST
    HEAVY STRINGER
    CHAMPION

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast