Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good ,The Bad, The Ugly at SARL Opener

Hi Trout:
    If that was you guys in the white vehicles by the docks ..then I seen you guys...
    I seen the guy with the white tshirt netting fish..lol.

Personally I dont care about that stuff because those fish look like they are dying anyway..just my opinion..

I thought the trout where small and inactive...I cruised the whole park and I think maybe 4 fished where caught legit..
    .thats tells me they did not stock heavy and made a lot of money...I caught none and neither did anyone around me...I wont go back until I see more action for myself..I will scout the park with my binoculars and fish when I see them being caught...you have to do that or these pay lakes will play games..just my opinion..

hmm.....$20 some bucks to fish at a pay lake for the day and if they are not catching fish regular ( legal like everyone else ) they will resort to getting them and their limit by any means necessary

vs.

Paying $65 and going on a 3/4 day boat to Catalina and if I don't catch anything I go home with a big white stripe down my back.

I'm fishing the wrong body of water..... Somebody tell me where's the pay lake that stocks the yellowtail?????

Pre openers are usually slow.. At the Sierra Rainbow Grand Opener Nov. 12,13,14,15 Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun .. I am betting its gonna be super fishing... Thx for the report Patrick... Answered alot of questions i had...

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Pre openers are usually slow.. At the Sierra Rainbow Grand Opener Nov. 12,13,14,15 Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun .. I am betting its gonna be super fishing... Thx for the report Patrick... Answered alot of questions i had...

I agree.

I think once the water gets cold, it'll be on at the pay lakes!

Default Hi Patrick!

Good to hear that you were out fishing. Did you see Armando out there today. I kept in touch with him via text. He said the same thing you said about the Trout strolling by. He said it was pretty dead out there. That's too bad. Take care, and hope to see you at Irvine. Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-Ray View Post

I'm fishing the wrong body of water..... Somebody tell me where's the pay lake that stocks the yellowtail?????

You'd be catching yellownotails then !

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    I even talked to a long time PRO snager and he said :" I am so good at it that I can snag the trout on the mouth and make it appear that the SNAGED trout was legally caught in the mouth. " These guys have perfected the art of snaging.
    Frenchy was there?

As far as the snagers, I walked over next to them and asked if they had a large hook I could borrow. He looked at me and said no, he did not.
    What were you going to do with the "large" hook if they did have one?

This kind of crap happens at EVERY pay lake Every day. Its just the way it is .
    You didn't feel that way when I metioned in a Vine report that I watched a couple of seniors take a couple extra fish each and you later busted my nutz for not ratting them out! Regardless if you are a park ranger or not, keep fighting the good fight Patrick....report poachers, netters and snaggers so the legit anglers can catch their share of fish

TD

the management there knows what goes one. the snaggers actualy have a "winding" rod that they use. set up like a dropshot with a smallish trebble hook tossed about 6 feet from shore with a short horizontal rod holder. thats how 90% of the 15lb+ trout are caught there. i fished sarl all season last year and found out these guys so called "tricks". sad thing is i was fishing with older guys (50+ years) and there doing the same *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo21 View Post
    Good to hear that you were out fishing. Did you see Armando out there today. I kept in touch with him via text. He said the same thing you said about the Trout strolling by. He said it was pretty dead out there. That's too bad. Take care, and hope to see you at Irvine. Cindy

Hey Cindy, Armando was in line before I was . I look forward to fishing with you this Winter Cindy.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post

What were you going to do with the "large" hook if they did have one?

TD

It was a point of letting them know that I know what kind of Crap they were pulling. I knew 100 % that they would not offer me a hook to use.

Thanks for reading TD buddy. Next weekend ? Talk to Wes.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast