Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My DVL "baby monster Striper" w/dropshotman!

Default My DVL "baby monster Striper" w/dropshotman!

So the story goes...Still the Jewel, minus the big holdovers...so far.

Was out looking for the killers of DVL fish- Stripers! While getting the Castaic striper fiend blood imbeded in me, I decided to take advantage of the storms going- and called up dropshot man to see if he was in- Game on.

Water level low, work on ramp- great!

We got to the tackle/lake by 1130am, in the water by 1201pm- got the usual rental, minus fish finder , and got some good insight from FA, and called up uncle B and Trolly to let em know what was up. FA says do it, its "your day", and more...Uncle B says do it, and why were we playing in his "other" home lol *ps while killlin it at mammoth*, and Trolly thinks i was crazy (king of the cats slayer, the vine)-yada yada from the buddies-lol,,

Get to tossin/pullin DSM's lure- Gets slammed, feels like a tree trunk- i tell whit to hold it while i back the boat up to "save" his lure design... I say its a tree trunk, and he says.....it feels like...a huge...he gave me my rod back as we gained line on it...i told DSM, if its a tree trunk, its coming in-- then i see the side...@#$^ grab the net, its big! After a few solid runs, tired it out, and DSM did the net duties- put er in the boat!

23 1/4lbs fresh on the rapala scale (actually read fail at first)
    got to the tackle at the end of day (fish barely fit in the bass bait tank) and weighed it at the tackle shop-after spitting out handloads of shad-and other goodies... 17.9lbs

this is my personal best- and a fight of all fights in the fresh so far...thinkin of doing somethin with it (Bob/T.O. had good idea of measuring it, thanks!)-

36" (just over 3' length)
    24 3/4" girth
    8" width tail
    8 3/4" mouth to gill plate end

Thanks DSM (dropshotman) for doing the better 1/2 and netting this trout+more, killin monster! lol,,,

BLOOOOOD- i shall return

(photos coming...)

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    ,,,,,,,,,dont worry, we will have some more trout trolling out there very soon, and some real striper killers coming around to thin them out,,,,,,,,,,bob
    Last edited by kewlwhip; 10-17-2009 at 12:31 AM. Reason: invitation to the striper slayers-

....mmmmmm

more photos later- sickness bloooood! lolz
    Last edited by kewlwhip; 12-04-2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: :)

Nice fish! Just looking at it makes me want to go slay some stiper! That thing is a beast!

Nice going out there Kewly. Thats a WHOPPER !!!!! Congrats . Its about time your luck turned . Thanks for the report .

HOLY SCHMOLY!!!!! Nice fish! Didn't even know DVL was holdin stripeys. Nice work.

GM<><

Nice fish Kewly. A BEAST!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Madrigal View Post
    HOLY SCHMOLY!!!!! Nice fish! Didn't even know DVL was holdin stripeys. Nice work.

GM<><
    Where you been for the last 2 years?

Great looking fish!

18lb/23lb striper is no joke!!

sweet fish good job out there we gotta go soon

wow beautiful fish buti dont think i would call it a baby i think its just a regular monster def not a baby monster

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    Nice fish! Just looking at it makes me want to go slay some stiper! That thing is a beast!
    thanks! it fought like a beast in the fresh...felt like yellowtail/tuna in the salt x3 in the fresh too!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Madrigal View Post

GM<><
    neither did i

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    Nice fish Kewly. A BEAST!

Where you been for the last 2 years?
    thanks CKKevin

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    Great looking fish!

18lb/23lb striper is no joke!!
    man..you said it Sansou- I seriously thought i had hooked a tree trunk...with tails, head and more lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Nice going out there Kewly. Thats a WHOPPER !!!!!.
    time in the water and more pays off always-

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    sweet fish good job out there we gotta go soon
    get out there and get er done!

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    wow beautiful fish buti dont think i would call it a baby i think its just a regular monster def not a baby monster
    hey thanks- i've seen similar units around or getting hauled out...so i called mine a baby...though i agree def not a baby monster..nor small fight-

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast