Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Shimano Citica D 200

Default Shimano Citica D 200

Does anyone have any experience with this reel? Can you tell me the positives and negatives?
    Thanks,
    Matt

Thanks Nessie. I saw this already. I am wondering if anyone on here has any firsthand experience with it and what their thoughts are.

Matt

i got the citica E- its freakin awesome i love it. no complaints..

I have the Citcia D. Its good for the price. The reel does cast well on heavier lure such as rattletraps and ika, however it doesnt cast well with with light lures. The shape of the reel is a bit bulky so it is not as comfortable to fish but that is my personal opinion. ( I have small hands) You get what you pay for with that reel. I have a curado D, and i love it to the death. My citcia tends to sit and home unless i need to bring out multiple rigs.

IMO, I was all over the D's cause they're workhorses and all, but that's all they are. The gear ration is nice because you can use it for just about anything and the construction is solid, but it excels in nothing. I have since been turned to the darkside(Daiwas) and I must say that I am falling in love. Daiwa's mag brakes IMO are quite a bit smoother during the cast compared to Shimano's centrifugals. They are also quite a bit smoother on the retrieve as well, but require a bit more maintenance to keep in that condition.

I have not yet had the chance to try the new Citicas, but I will soon. For this price range though, I would recommend the Citica E's. If you can shell out an extra $30 I would highly recommend the new Curado E's or even the Curado 100D.

What do you require in your reel? Maybe we can help you in more depth.