Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First hooping session of the season

Default First hooping session of the season

Coming down with a cold, there was no way I was getting in the water and make it worse. on top of that with a stuffy nose, clearing of the ears is no bueno. So called up a some buddies and headed out on a 19 ft center console, the Hotchkiss. Buddy boated with Duy Tran,

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=39231

and headed out to a new spot I had found. Launched out of Southshores and proceeded do some damage. Damage was what we did. We dropped our 10 and Duy dropped his ten. He had his bro and wife on a nice 23ft cc. It was cold, windy and did I mention cold? Anyhow, we dropped nets in 40 feet of water and the crawl was on! First set nailed us one legal limit and a dozen shorts. Second set we got another 8 and a crap load of crab, and the third set 4th net we had triple limits on the boat. PUlled the remaining 6 nets to find more bugs and bait almost all gone. Back at the launch by 10pm, hosed the boat, split up the fuel cost which was about $5 per person. LOL... Had limits for four and in bed with wife by 11:30, up for work at 6am. Crap...

Info:

- Water temp was 67 deg.
    - Depth was 40 feet plus or minus,
    - Tide was outgoing,
    - Skies were overcast,
    - Strong winds,
    - Hoops were the standard flat with one conical. (Got nada in the conical BTW).
    - Bait was the ever popular Mackeral I got at the Phillipino market. They will cut them for you too for free!
    - Bait cages were also used.
    - Hoops were pulled every 20 minutes from the last hoop to the first.
    - Location... Long Beach! I ain't giving out my spots! LOL

Disclaimer: I am by no means a proffesional and this is not a seminar, this is just what I do myself. So don't take it to heart and hoop this way, it may not work for you. This might not be normal for all I know. Just some helpful hints is all.

Last edited by ahhvtec; 10-14-2009 at 03:50 PM.

me so hungry...

Thanks for your report. My wife and I are planning to go out Thursday night. we have the same set up as what you wrote in your report. This will be our first time out so we appreciate you info very much. I know everyone gets very nervous about their "spots" and I do understand keeping secret where you are successful. You were helpful with the temp, the depth etc. we hope the swells and waves may begin to quiet some after the storm tomorrow.

Thanks again

i read an article and it states that hooping is at best after a storm.
    i guess it stirs up the water and bugs have better chance of getting food. when the water is calm bugs are not active as much.
    good luck to ya if you are going out tomorrow.

Duc is there at satue of you so I can pray and make offerings to!?? 'Cause you're a bug god bro. ahahahahahah!!!!. WTG on the slaughter as always. I've metered some promising spot in Long Beach fromlast season but my boat is out of commission right now so all I can do is read reports and have day dreams of bugs!!!

Great job guys as always.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Best of luck to you when going out.

Nice going out there, doesn't look like the cold kept you guys from limits. I want to go out for the first time this season maybe this weekend. I only hope to do as well as you guys. If you have GPS#'s you wanna give up, I sure would appreciate it, but understand if you don't. Great report. Damn Lobster Pimps.......

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Albert View Post
    Nice going out there, doesn't look like the cold kept you guys from limits. I want to go out for the first time this season maybe this weekend. I only hope to do as well as you guys. If you have GPS#'s you wanna give up, I sure would appreciate it, but understand if you don't. Great report. Damn Lobster Pimps.......
    pm sent...

Just checked PM and thank you soooo much Ahhvtec for all those GPS#'s, and all those tips. They will come in very handy this weekend. You are way too helpful, I promise this Mexican won't poach your spots, just rape them. j/k I owe you a big one Duc..... Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Albert View Post
    Just checked PM and thank you soooo much Ahhvtec for all those GPS#'s, and all those tips. They will come in very handy this weekend. You are way too helpful, I promise this Mexican won't poach your spots, just rape them. j/k I owe you a big one Duc..... Thanx.
    You too have helped me out in the past so big THANK YOU to you too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast