Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what what hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by victor101 View Post
    Where does the sinker go?

I think this would definitely work, Yes?....

no no no no no! Come on man! The sinker goes around the front fin with a rubberband. The hooks all go on the same back ring and the line ties in the middle (wacky) Dont forget to use a big *** swivel. Then sand shad spin like crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by klocked View Post
    I think this would definitely work, Yes?....
    Klocked, I thought I went over this already in my reports. If you are going to use that kind of sinker, you have to dropshot that thing. So, dropshot that flashy minnowy thingy to your mainline, and then tie your leader around the middle loop for a wacky rig. No hooks on the shiny thingy, only use an 1/0 circle on your leader.

Maybe some of the halibut guys could help out here? I really have no clue at all how to use that thing in the picture.

Last edited by bsp; 10-13-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Klocked, I thought I went over this already in my reports. If you are going to use that kind of sinker, you have to dropshot that thing. So, dropshot that flashy minnowy thingy to your mainline, and then tie your leader around the middle loop for a wacky rig. No hooks on the shiny thingy, only use an 1/0 circle on your leader.

Maybe some of the halibut guys could help out here? I really have no clue at all how to use that thing in the picture.

Now I'm really confused..... do I also need to change one of the 3hook thingies to a different color if I use it drop-wacky style? And if I dropshot it without the wacky part, do I need to use at least 50lb dacron for the leader?

Quote Originally Posted by duce View Post
    no no no no no! Come on man! The sinker goes around the front fin with a rubberband. The hooks all go on the same back ring and the line ties in the middle (wacky) Dont forget to use a big *** swivel. Then sand shad spin like crazy!
    I don't have any rubber bands.... will scotch tape work?

Now I'm really confused..... do I also need to change one of the 3hook thingies to a different color if I use it drop-wacky style? And if I dropshot it without the wacky part, do I need to use at least 50lb dacron for the leader?
    Change to a chartreuse and neon orange fusion, don't ask me why. That's just how it's done. 50lb?!?!?! What are you thinking?!?!!? Use 200lb spectra MINIMUM, you are going for the big ones.

FYI, slap duct tape everywhere. It'll make it better I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Change to a chartreuse and neon orange fusion, don't ask me why. That's just how it's done. 50lb?!?!?! What are you thinking?!?!!? Use 200lb spectra MINIMUM, you are going for the big ones.

FYI, slap duct tape everywhere. It'll make it better I promise.

Come on, be nice!! I'm new at this. Ok, you yelled "minimum".... there's something to that right?

Come on, be nice!! I'm new at this. Ok, you yelled "minimum".... there's something to that right?
    Geez, fine. I'll be nice. You're correct that there's something to minimum, but I have no idea. I just use it and I catch like 2957289573926708525 halibut every day in my sleep tomorrow. It works so don't mess with it.

im not a pro or anything but i think this is what it needs to look like

hahah NoHo did you just rig that now?

is that the new swivle?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast