Do the tube and leave the beer for after (unless, as someone else said, you wear a diaper and even tehn you're waders will wreak). I like to slow-troll the same blown half-crawler I would fiosh from teh shoreline, fished Carolina-style but with a splitshot rather than a Carolina cutoff, I mean keeper (that's meant to be funny but they will cut your line if you're not careful.) Pitch it out away from you and let it settle to the bottom. As you sart to slow kick, take a turn or two on the reel handle and pull the sinker just off the bottom. The worm will drop a little and spin a little as you slowly kick around. You are truly slow-trolling the worm. Keep a close eye on your rod tip (fish it in a holder) and wqhen you see the tap-tap-tap, you can stop, open the bail and let it run for a three-count, or you can set the hook right away, whatever you would normally do at the strike.
You can use you second rod to toss plastics, fish a worm under a bobber or play with Power Worms, also a great trolling or drop-shot option.
Save the PB fishing for a short rest period or when you get too tired to go any farther. Just don't drink beer when you're in your waders. Good luck!