Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Float Tubing Castaic Lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    That really sucks. My dad is going to be paying for the annual parking and boat launching, but I have to pay for the float tube launching fees. I might only be able to take it in the ocean only or in the lake only a few time! Lol. They aren't going to make me buy a separate parking pass for each of my vehicles as long as only one is at the lake at a time, right? They make it way too expensive!!
    The annual parking pass attaches to the inside of your windshield. It is ONLY good for the vehicle that it is stuck to!
    The float tube launch fee of 7 dollars is very fair and the lifeguard rolls around in his boat and makes sure that you paid your fees.
    You can ONLY launch from either the swim beach at paradise cove or the main launch ramp.
    A PFD is required to be with you at all times. You don't have to wear it (I just drag mine behind my tube).

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    The annual parking pass attaches to the inside of your windshield. It is ONLY good for the vehicle that it is stuck to!
    The float tube launch fee of 7 dollars is very fair and the lifeguard rolls around in his boat and makes sure that you paid your fees.
    You can ONLY launch from either the swim beach at paradise cove or the main launch ramp.
    A PFD is required to be with you at all times. You don't have to wear it (I just drag mine behind my tube).
    Yes, $7 isn't too bad, but it is bad when you are going to pay the annual fee for a boat and a float tube and then annual parking! Thanks for info.

Maybe I won't for the the annual float tube and only pay each time I go, because I'm not sure how often I will go.
    Last edited by Fire Ball; 10-16-2009 at 10:42 AM.

Taken from the Castaic Website:
    Float Tubes

* All float tubes require launch permits, which should be displayed in a manner similar to fishing licenses.
    * All persons in float tubes must wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved Personal Floatation Devices (PFD’s) at all times.
    * Use of float tubes is restricted to the Castaic Lake Lagoon.
    * Whistles or other sound signaling devices, while not required, ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
    * A 12” x 12” orange square is required on the back of the float tube.
    I thought you guys said you didn't need to wear a PFD, you only had to have one with you? Do I need the 12x12 orange square? What can I use for the orange square?

Yes wear it if you want to follow the rules to the T. I've never been bothered by the lifeguards, they usually just wave hi. As for the orange patch, doesnt your float tube have it on the backrest? Most do.

Quote Originally Posted by cappo View Post
    Yes wear it if you want to follow the rules to the T. I've never been bothered by the lifeguards, they usually just wave hi. As for the orange patch, doesnt your float tube have it on the backrest? Most do.
    Here is a picture of the back. It is an orangeish brownish color, but it isn't 12x12.

that should be fine bro, dont sweat it

Quote Originally Posted by cappo View Post
    that should be fine bro, dont sweat it
    Thanks. I might hit up the lagoon tomorrow, hope I don't get hassled by the lifeguards!

launch at paradise, and fish paradise cove and hobie beach.- do laps.. ive picked off a good number of fishies doin it.

Default launching float tube

you can launch your float tube anywhere around the lake that you want to. you have to park in the designated parking lots and you can walk your tube down to the lake. Don't try and park in the camping areas as you will get a ticket (unless you have paid to camp). You can launch from the swim beaches as well as paradise cove as long as you have paid to launch. No matter where you launch from you have to pay to launch your tube as well as pay to park your car. Life guards will check to see if you have your fishing license and your launch permit. If you don't they will kick you off the lake. You also need a life vest attached or on your tube with easy access. If you launch from the boat ramp and kick over to paradise cove it will take you 15-20 minutes. I usally try and work with the way the wind is blowing. In the morning it blows from south to north and in the late afternoon usually just the opposite so if you time it right you can save a lot of energy in kicking against the wind. Oh yeah, during the summer you are not allowed to be in the area that is roped off for swimming at all. Hope this helps.

Lower lagoon.
    upper lake . waves get to big and wont let you launch.
    tried it. with my tube and kayak..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast