Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Float Tubing Castaic Lagoon

Default Float Tubing Castaic Lagoon

I bought a float tube and need to know some info about using it in the lagoon. Can I only launch a float tube from the launch ramp area/dock or can I launch it anywhere on the lake, including the swimbeach? Also, is fishing from shore allowed on the swimbeach? How long would it take from the launch ramp to the Paradise Cove if I can't launch it over there? Thanks.
    Last edited by Fire Ball; 10-12-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Can someone answer my questions please?

you can launch at paradise cove,
    no fishing from shore at swim beach

Quote Originally Posted by cappo View Post
    you can launch at paradise cove,
    no fishing from shore at swim beach
    Thanks! Do I just launch it from shore or what? Can I also launch from other beaches or other areas around the lake?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    Thanks! Do I just launch it from shore or what? Can I also launch from other beaches or other areas around the lake?
    ya just park behind the building and launch from shore. I don't know about launchin from other spots. I try to limit the distance that I have to lug the tube to the water.

Quote Originally Posted by cappo View Post
    ya just park behind the building and launch from shore. I don't know about launchin from other spots. I try to limit the distance that I have to lug the tube to the water.
    Ok. Do I need to pay any fees or anything to launch and am I required to wear a PFD at all times or am I just required to have one with me? Any accessories or tips that you can recommend for a first time tuber?

You can pretty much launch from anywhere in the Lagoon. like paradise , hobie & south & north beach, from these spots you will have to walk a little from the parking area. The campground if your camping. You will have to pay for parking of course & float tube pass for the day, but If your gonna do this alot the annual pass is great ! Paradise area is a good spot, but the whole lagoon is good. Good Luck !!

GET-EM !
    Last edited by GET-EM; 10-16-2009 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GET-EM View Post
    You can pretty much launch from anywhere in the Lagoon. You will have to pay for parking of course & float tube pass for the day, but If your gonna do this alot the annual pass is great ! Paradise area is a good spot, but the whole lagoon is good. Good Luck !!

GET-EM !
    That's good. I am going to buy an annual pass for my boat that I am going to take on the upper lake, will I need a separate pass for float tubing on the lower lake?

Yes they'll make you buy a seperate pass for the float tube @ 105 + 135 for the boat & then another 125 for the vehicle, YIKES!! but it worth it to support the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by GET-EM View Post
    Yes they'll make you buy a seperate pass for the float tube @ 105 + 135 for the boat & then another 125 for the vehicle, YIKES!! but it worth it to support the lake.
    That really sucks. My dad is going to be paying for the annual parking and boat launching, but I have to pay for the float tube launching fees. I might only be able to take it in the ocean only or in the lake only a few time! Lol. They aren't going to make me buy a separate parking pass for each of my vehicles as long as only one is at the lake at a time, right? They make it way too expensive!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast