Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 0-3 at the Duct

Default 0-3 at the Duct

Well, the Duct continues to provide me with a challenge. I've tried a few times now and still can't figure that body of water out. 15 minutes after arriving all gates opend full and that made things interesting. I've read a lot of posts on the forum to try to dial in on what to do there, but no joy. Since all of my fishing has been lakes and ocean, a body of moving water with no rocks at the bottom it quite an animal. And just when you think there is nothing down there you snag three of you lines there and rip everthing off. The current is strong enough that you can't bait and wait and fishing topwater wears you out pretty fast if you have had shoulder surgery. I think I spend 8 hours on it between Friday night and Saturday morning. Seems like I had one bite on the Zara and that was it. They didn't hit anyting else for sure. I had some livers out that bounced a couple of times, but not sure they were bites. The current plays with your head. So for now I'm goint to continue to study the situation and wait for an opportunity to learn from soneone experienced on that body. It just goes to show that telling isn't enough in some cases. I have to be shown...(hard headed?).

Back to the lakes

Mojave River Angler

WTG on the effort bro!!!!

no doubt that the cement river is a incredibly unususl fishery,,,I FISH IT ALOT myself and can attesty to that.

HERE,S something you might try when all else fails.

1/2 oz jig head with a white tube or zoom super fluke,,,cast at a 45 degree upstream and hop it back to you just off the bottom<pretty aggresively<<,,,,this usually only works for me during the daylight hours/ at night i cast the same direction but use a rattle bait<kpn skinny shad> or jerk bait and usually use a steady med slow retreive.

cover lots of water!!!!

Cant wait to see you break through and slay out there

TRAIL BLAZER

Good advice. I would add that doing the same with a white or chartreuse bucktail is good too. BTW, I have gone 0/8 and then there are times when it's 4/4. Keep working it and it will happen. Were you in the AV or Bako area of the duct?