Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lingo Help for New Boater

Default Lingo Help for New Boater

Hey guys. Just became a new owner of a 20' boat with a with a i/o engine. pretty strong engine. I'm kinda wanna understand the lingo used for locations around dana point. I hear talk of "the flats", "the domes" and what not but don't know what that means or where they are located. My friend and i wants to become more confident in this boat so that way we can have enough courage and experience with the boat to take it to Catalina one day. We are staying close to the harbor for now but slowly venturing further and further away from the harbor. Hope this is the correct place to post. Thanks guys!!

o many terms the falst are north of dana points they are talkin about the huntington flast in front of the power plant the domes are south look for a pair of domes on the shore that look like wellllll boobs

Ok thanks. Where are the flats located exactly? I've never really fished with anyone who had a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevman View Post
    Thanks for the link!