Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Redondo Beach Pier !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ToadsToadsOnly View Post
    Did you happen to see anyone catching any spider crabs on redondo pier yet?
    Not while i was ther..
    but i pulled them up my self..big ones and many of them > / why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by shovelnose View Post
    how much do they go for?
    this are the kind i use
    loving that jack-mack fly..

You can take a black sharpie and put some mackerel stripes on it, that might kill em..

Quote Originally Posted by Owner626 View Post
    Not while i was ther..
    but i pulled them up my self..big ones and many of them > / why is that?
    I want to go fish for them they are great eating. Well once you get out of your mind how ugly they are lolz. I actually prefer them over lobsters not really a lobster fan. You pulled some up recently owner?

I want to go fish for them they are great eating. Well once you get out of your mind how ugly they are lolz. I actually prefer them over lobsters not really a lobster fan. You pulled some up recently owner?

Yeah I pull them up all the time. Last time i pulled them out was about under A month ago. I would be going back mote ofter, But im not the driving time. Especially the long distance..But let me kno if you have any questions or anything. I pulled them out with Big Game 15lbs as big as the one on my post!

\Owner626/

Quote Originally Posted by Owner626 View Post
    Yeah I pull them up all the time. Last time i pulled them out was about under A month ago. I would be going back mote ofter, But im not the driving time. Especially the long distance..But let me kno if you have any questions or anything. I pulled them out with Big Game 15lbs as big as the one on my post!

\Owner626/
    Thanks Owner626,

Redondo pier holds some monster spider crabs I have pulled numerous crabs that would not fit into the hoop net. I used to fish Redondo pier quite often and have pulled quite a few out of there. I have not fished mush off that pier in the last three years or so kinda out of the loop. I tried it out last night the spider crabs were definitely not crawling but still managed 1, a local crab, and a tiny blue crab. I usually don't do well around the full moon Ill be back at it again maybe this week or next week.

redondo is nice cuz its so close to me. have to go out there soon. thanks for the report.

Never fished for Bonito, but saw 2 guys kill in like a hour 6-7 fish and i been there bottom fishing for like 5 hours got 2 Rays lol... so I think i might try, so 4 fly's and what leads for the weight? "Cast-A-Bubble"? or ...? I fish Oceanside since its kinda my local pier being 30 min away, but if Redondo hooks up alot i have no prob making that mission...

Spider Crabs Blah

I got a big one diving once and the legs were hollow with some poor imitation stringy wannabe meat inside. Taste like

Worked on Redondo Pier at Castagnola's in 1977 and used to get them killer King Crab Legs sometimes mmm mmm Good. I would never touch food off a used plate when I was a busboy with one exception King Crab Legs.
    'Can I take your plate' no doggy bag. Then stash the untouched King Crab legs and my mom would scarf them down when I got home
    Learned spanish from the cooks and dishwashers that came in to play on Baja surf trips. Then met my Chilean wife later who spoke 10 words of english at The Red Onion
    23 years later still tappin that puntang

I used to make up names for fishing spots on another site and one spot was called ' Punte de Brazil ' and ' Casa de Mapas '

Punta de Brazil was La Samba next to the short pier.
    Casa de Mapas was the Chart House at Redondo/Hermosa border.

Punta de Brazil (middle right)
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by NooB SaBass View Post
    Never fished for Bonito, but saw 2 guys kill in like a hour 6-7 fish and i been there bottom fishing for like 5 hours got 2 Rays lol... so I think i might try, so 4 fly's and what leads for the weight? "Cast-A-Bubble"? or ...?
    Cast a Bubble is old school. Guys used to cast them 1/2 full with a 5' leader to a blue/white feather, Pump and wind to make a splash for bonito over by Joes Crab Shack off the rocks.

Crocodiles blue/chrome or castmasters work good too.
    DR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123