Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: culling bass question

Default culling bass question

ok stupid question but when tournament fishing do i wait to aply my ardent culling system when i have a limit or each fish caught??
    i asume when i catch each fish so i only have to weigh the fish once and mesure once right??
    thanks for the tips

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by J. Owen View Post
    ok stupid question but when tournament fishing do i wait to aply my ardent culling system when i have a limit or each fish caught??
    i asume when i catch each fish so i only have to weigh the fish once and mesure once right??
    thanks for the tips

Talk to the tournament director for the tourney. Some tourneys cull at 4 fish, or five, depending on the lake rules

Some folks cull at number six in a tournament and that is against state law. When number 5 hits the livewell, you have taken your limit.

really so having 6 n the boat but oly 5 in the well with planns to cull out the runt is illeagal?? so you are only aloud 4 to cull then a kicker for your limit?? even if your plan is to release a smaller one to only keep a 5 bass limit. wow not doupting you at all but i may have to research that one ive seen every bass tournament angler have 5 in the well and cull out the smaller ones for an up grade but this is not the first tme ive herd that once you got 5 your done so i may need to do some homework i belive that you are only aloud 5 in the well at a time that upgrading is ok as long as you do not have more than 5 on board???

If you have 5 in your livewell, the question the game warden is going to ask you is "If you have your limit, why are you still fishing?"

and the anser is for a weight ugrade looked it up and dfg law is once you get a limit of bass 5.
    you may continue fishing as long as
    you return each extra bass alive to the water
    or replace it with one in the well that is alive
    you may not cull dead bass
    http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/Administr...st/Culling.asp
    here it is man thanks for that advise though could have saved me a heafty fine

Very good information. So that is only in permitted tournaments. I take it that if a group of fishermen get together and have a tourney but don't get a permit from DFG, then the old rule is in effect. I know of some special tournaments where the bag is three fish. Now I know why.

I weigh each fish before I put them in the livewell. It's a lot more hassle and stress on the fish if you try to weigh them after you catch the 6th one. Not to mention the amount of time you burn chasing each fish in the livewell. Just have your scale handy, measure (if needed), weigh, tag, then put it in the well. Don't forget to write down the weight along with the tag color. So when it's time to cull, it's easy to identify the smallest fish by the tag color.

thanks bassman ive got the system where you dial it in on the boey so no need to write it down (seemed easyer and faster to do) so im set thanks alot man
    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descp...ACC-ARSMC.html
    this is what im working with

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast