Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Surround Sound

Default Surround Sound

I want to get surround sound for my TV. I have a 18 x 15 room that it will go into.

Do I get a system that will be able to fill a bigger room later on? Do I just get something that will fill the room I have?

If I do get a bigger system will it be to loud for the room I currently have?

Can I get a decent system for like $500 bucks?

You dont have to get a crazy setup. You can just stick with a "simulated" home theatres system. Sound is projected in a way where that simulates surround sound. Stick with these three companies: harmon kardon, denon, onkyo.....I would probalby wait for Black friday and just pick up a sick deal on a home theater system.

If you get a bigger system...it wont be too loud if you dont turn the volume too high...

I picked up a decent onkyo system for around $500 at Fry's...but If i had the money I would of built my own. Fry's Electronics always has some good deals on home theater....

I got an Onkyo 7.1 setup. Like Victor said. Its better to build your own but will run you more. I would recommend a receiver that passes hdmi both video and audio.

Quote Originally Posted by lalo56 View Post
    I got an Onkyo 7.1 setup. Like Victor said. Its better to build your own but will run you more. I would recommend a receiver that passes hdmi both video and audio.
    I also have a 7.1...might be the same one. What I dont like about it is that the HDMI only passes thru but it doesnt convert all of your other inputs into HDMI...so you need to run a HDMI cable and the AV cables to your TV.

make sure you get 1000 watts